9

NuNew and Zee are now changed and dried off, laying down in the large bed. " What's your favorite color, mine is Blue " Zee quietly asks, starting the conversation. " I like the color purple " he says, turning to lay on his size. Zee copies him. " Hmmm. What's your favorite animals. I love wolves " He asks quietly with a smile.

             " I like cats " Zee says. " What type of cats. Like do you like house cats, tiger or a cheetah " he asks. " I like you " Zee says with a smirk, making him laugh as he blushes a light shade of red. " Oh my god. That was smooth but also incredibly cheesy, Hia " he says, making Zee laugh. " Are my flirting skill getting better " Zee asks. " Is this your next question " he asks, laughing. " Yes, yes it is " Zee says with a smirk.

             " Fine. I guess they're getting better then before " he says with a smirk, making Zee laugh. " Can I ask more personal questions your majesty " he asks. " You can ask me anything you want. You're my wife after all " Zee says with a smirk. " Wife " he says, laughing before he asks his question. " What's it like, growing up as a prince " he asks. " People always think a prince lives an exciting and fun life. That is far from the truth. It's boring and stressful. I grew up learning anything and everything I need to know in order to rule the kingdom. I rarely had time to hang out with people. I really only grew up knowing Max and the palace staff " Zee says, making him frown.

             " I'm sorry " he says quietly. Zee reaches towards him and starts to gently caress his cheek. " Don't apologize for something that's not your fault " Zee says gently. He takes a deep breath as he places his hand on top of Zee's. " What was your childhood like " Zee asks him quietly. He takes his hand off of Zee's before he starts to mess with the sheet of the bed. " At the start, early in my childhood. It wasn't good. As you know, the original chief was horrible and abusive. I don't remember any of it and he was the chief up until I was five years old " he says quietly.

             " You were five when he threw you from the broken window " Zee says quietly in disbelief. " Yeah, apparently it was a serious injury. I'm glad I don't remember it. My earliest memory is from the day the chief became the current chief. I remember being by his side during the ceremony. I grew up being around him and watching how he helped people " he says with a small smile. " It sounds like you were training to become the future chief " Zee says. " I don't know, maybe. If I was, they never mentioned it " he says quietly.

             " Is there something that you really fear, darling " Zee asks him gently. He thinks for a while, trying to come up with one of his fears. The only constant fear coming to mind is fire. " After everything the guards and your father has done. I have a big fear of fire. When I picture it, I think of the guard holding out his hand as he creates a ball of fire " he admits quietly. " I'm sorry. I wish I could show you the beautiful side of fire " Zee says.

             " That guard has tortured me. Anything related to them, I fear. All he has to do is be in the same room with me and I'll become filled with terror. I will never forget how he held a sword to my throat as he threatened to kill my village and harm me " he says as he looks away from Zee's eyes. " I plan on sending him far off to the edge of the kingdom. Where he will guard the entrance to our kingdom. He will be far gone and out of your sight " Zee says.

             " Hia, why did you so easily agree to marry me. You say it was to protect me and my village. You do not know the people in my village and you had hardly known me. You could have turned a blind eye " he asks quietly as he looks back up towards Zee. " Truth be told. I was selfish the moment I heard my father say you were mine. I wanted you as my own. In the beginning I tried to deny that I did. I don't know why I did that. But when we reached my room. Seeing how you were so scared. I wanted nothing more to protect you and keep you safe. But by then, I had hurt you. I regret nothing more then how horrible I was to you " Zee says quietly.