Chapter 8

1st POV

The next morning it was raining cats and dogs. After a delicious breakfast, we decided to play Truth or Dare seeing as we were stuck inside today.

We all gathered in the lounge area with cups of hot chocolate. The first few rounds were okay, just some ordinary truths or dares, until Pidge asked me something.

"So Y/n, truth or dare?", Pidge asked taking a sip of her hot chocolate.

"Truth", I said. I was never one for dares.

"Do you have a crush on someone?", she asked grinning.

Oh for God's sake.

"Yes", I said quietly. I could feel myself blushing. I knew something was up. She staged this. I feel like everyone else was in on it too, well except for Keith.

"Who is it?", Lance asked.

"I thought I only get asked one question", I deadpanned at him. Lance just shrugged.

"Okay Lance. Truth or dare?", I asked the Cuban boy.

"I think I'll choose dare this round."

"I dare you to get a makeover done by Allura", I said grinning.

"Oh no", he groaned.

Minutes later, Lance walked back into the room with makeup on with Allura trailing behind, trying to hide her smile. He looked hilarious. We all tried to suppress our laughter, but as soon as we looked at each other we burst into a fit of giggles. Lance huffed in annoyance and went to get rid of it. When he came back, Pidge and I started laughing again.

"Oh come on. It's over. And besides it wasn't that funny", Lance said annoyed.

"For what it's worth Lance, we think you looked cute", I told him chuckling.

He rolled his eyes playfully and took a seat as we continued.

"Truth or dare Y/n?", Keith asked.

"Um truth", I answered.

"You're no fun Y/n", Pidge whined. "You always choose truth. Live a little while ya?"

"Pidge, it's my choice. If I want to be 'boring'- ", I said making air quotes. "-then let me." I looked at Keith awaiting my question.

"Who is your crush?", he asked nonchalantly.

Well that was unexpected.

The room fell silent. I stared at Keith and he stared back. Then Pidge burst out laughing.

"Oh this is hilarious", Pidge exclaimed. I shot her a glare. Everyone else just gave each other knowing looks.

I looked back at Keith.

Why did he have to be the one to ask me this? Just why?

I let out a defeated sigh.

"Well, it's someone in our friend group. But I don't want to reveal their identity", I said. Everyone looked at me expectantly.

"And judging by everyone's looks, you all already seem to know who it is except for that person", I muttered to myself.

"Well anyway, moving on", Lance said to try and clear the awkward tension.

"Keith, truth or dare?", Lance asked with a mischievous look on his face.

"Because of that look you're giving me, I'm choosing the safer option. Truth", Keith said narrowing his eyes at Lance in suspicion.