three times Carlos

*Elena*

I felt uncomfortable. Very much so. And for once, it wasn't because I was feeling sick all the time because of the pregnancy.

This time it was because I was excited.

Excited because Carlos was introducing me to his family. Without warning.

And because Sarah had just been with them Ididn't even want to know what she had probably told them about me. Because I hadn't forgotten the fact that she thought I only wanted to foist the child on Carlos.

What if she had told his family that, too?

What if they all thought I was doing it just to get his money?

I felt everything inside me tighten. As if of my own accord, I lowered my eyes. I would have liked to meet them under different circumstances and at a different time.

And not when I already had a baby in my belly and his best friend, who had been part of the family for years, absolutely couldn't stand me.

I didn't even want to imagine what they must think of me.

But then I felt Carlo's hand. He pulled me closer to him.

His warmth immediately went over to me and no matter how mad I was at him, I enjoyed his closeness way too much.

"That's Fernando's son, right?" asked one of his, and here I was guessing, sisters.

"Yes. Matteo is Elli and Fernando's son," Carlos said.

"Well lucky he got the looks from his mama," she laughed.

I lifted my gaze a little as she lifted Matteo from Carlos' arm "Hello my little friend. I'm your aunt Blanca. Because if you're part of Carlo's family, you're part of all of us now." she said and I couldn't describe how relieved I was at that second "And you're really lucky to take after your pretty mommy. Can we just hope your sibling can do the same and not look like my brother." she laughed.

Matteo looked at her a little confused "Blanca is Carlo's sister.", I explained to my son whose face was now brightening.

"I like Carlos," he said to Blanca, who began to laugh.

"Well, he is lucky," she smiled, "How about it, do you like ice cream?"

"Yes!", my son was immediately excited.

"It's okay if we go get ice cream, right?", Blanca looked in my direction "Sorry, I should have asked that first."

"No, it's totally ok.", I nodded and gave her a smile as well.

"Great. Anyone else? Because otherwise, my sweet little nephew is all mine now.", she grinned to the crowd.

"Blanca!" said, and again I just guessed, Carlos' mom "You can't just take her kid!" she turned to me "Sorry, kid. Sometimes my kids are just a little impetuous.", she laughed and then, quite surprisingly for me, pulled me into a hug "I'm really glad to meet you.", she said and it sounded very sincere to me.

She released the hug "The pleasure is all mine.", I replied just as honestly.

I could still feel Carlo's hand on my back and I was glad for that.

"How are you doing with the pregnancy? Is it going smoothly?" she continued "Well, if you don't mind me asking." she looked at me apologetically.

"Of course I don't mind!", I said immediately, I could literally feel the tension slowly dropping "And except for the morning sickness and the occasional grogginess, quite well. But I already know that from being pregnant with Matteo.".