a turn for the worse

It was about two in the morning when Optimus heard a loud noise in his room, he onlined his optics and looked around. "Strange I could have sworn I-" Just then someone from behind covered his mouth. "Mmmhh!" He looked and saw lockdown behind him. "Sorry autobot, but business is business." Optimus tried to break free of his grasp. But lockdown put a pair of stasis cuffs on Optimus.

When lockdown finally got Optimus to his ship he threw him in a cell and took off. Once he got the auto pilot on, he took the stasis cuffs off Optimus. Optimus was finally able to at least get comfortable. "Can I ask why?" Lockdown looked over at Optimus. "Well, some bot out there put a large price on your head. And you know me. And I also knew where you would be." "Who?" "I haven't a clue, and it doesn't matter to me. As long as I'm getting paid, I don't care." "I'll be back autobot." Then lock down left the room. (Note: Optimus is still in the cell) Optimus just looked at the floor, thinking. "How will I get back to my team? Will I ever get back to my team?"

A couple says later, when they arrived on Delta Ravus, (a very small planet mainly used for auctions) lockdown put the stasis cuffs back on Optimus and dragged him to the auction. Optimus got numbered and put with the other bots being sold. He went and sat in the corner. He looked around at the other bot, some of them looked scared and some of then looked defeated, like they knew they were mostlikely going to be killed. Optimus was stuck with the other bots in a quite small cell for about two weeks. For most of the first week he was left alone. But at the beginning of second week, Optimus was pulled put of the small room he was stuck in. He was taken to another room where he was cuffed to the wall. Then finally a large purple and red bot walked in and said. "Hello there." Optimus didn't make eye contact. "Oh, don't be that way." The bot walked up to Optimus and lifted his face plate up. "You're just here for an inspection, and your chained up because I know that he have thoughts of escape." Optimus stayed quiet. Once the inspection was done, Optimus was dragged back to the room with the other bots. Then a couple days later the same purple and red bot from before walked in. "It's time for the auction. If any of you try to escape, you will be terminated with out hesitation." Optimus felt a shiver go up his spine. It was a while before Optimus was put and the platform, and he made sure not to make eye contact with anyone, but he did do a look at the audience and he saw Swindle sitting pretty close to the front row. "Here, we have an autobot by the name of Optimus prime!" The announcer yelled into the audience. "To bad he doesn't look like a prime. If he did I'm sure he wouldn't be here." The audience erupted into laughter, and Optimus couldn't help but feel his spark sink. "Let's start off at-"

After a few minutes of going back and forth it was finally announced. "Sold, to the bot in the fifth row!" Optimus looked up and saw a black and green bot had bought him. Then Optimus was shoved off the stage. He was put with the other bots that had already been sold. After a long time all the other bots had been give to their new "owner" and Optimus was the only one left. Then one of the guards walked in and saw that he was still there. "Didn't some bot come get this one?" The other guard replied. "Nope not one yet, but I'm gonna give him a few more cycles." Then they heard someone walking down the hall, Optimus looked up and saw that it was Swindle. The guards looked at him. "Are you the one who bought the red and blue bot?" "Indeed I am, I'll be taking him now." Swindle walked over and gestured to Optimus. Optimus stood up and followed him. Swindle talked to him as they walked to his ship. "I knew I recognize you when I saw your colors." Optimus looked at him. "You weren't the bot that bought me? Were you?" Swindle chuckled. "Well let's just say he had to part ways." Optimus imdently knew what had happened to the other bot. "I wasn't going to pay that haggle they were trying to sell you for but I had to get you because I remember a certain war lord calling me about a deca-cycle ago, asking about you." That got Optimuses attention. "Megatron was looking for me?!" "Yup." Swindle knew he had given the autobot a bit of hope. After all, Swindle is a business bot, he not spark-less.

Cut back to earth:

At the autobot base, every bot was putting in all they had to find Optimus. Bumblebee was flying around with Blitzwing, searching the surrounding area, Bulkhead was searching on the ground. Ratchet was trying to find Optimuses signal. And Prowl was trying to think of where Optimus could have possibly gone, then he remembered something. "I bet if any bot know where he is it's Swindle." So Prowl called him. When he finally picked up and saw it was Prowl he imedently knew why he was calling. "Yello." Swindle answered (Note: Optimus isn't in stasis cuffs or a cell, he is just messing a round with swindles ship) "Hello Swindle, I know this is probably a long shot but-" Prowl was cut off by Swindle. "I have him, Prowl." Prowl didn't believe him at first. "I want some form of proof." Swinle walked off screen then cam back with Optimus. Optimus got excited when he saw Prowl. "Prowl! Are you and the others okay?" "Don't worry Optimus, the others are okay, Ratchet has been very good at keeping them together. But never mind that, what happened to you? How did you end up with Swindle?" "That's a really long story and I'm going to have to tell you when I get there." After a few minutes Swindle saw that another call was coming in so he said. "Sorry to cut this nice reunion short but I'm getting another call so bye, Prowl." Then Swindle pushed Optimus off screen and ended the call. Swindle read who was calling and emdently knew why. He answer the call and, as I'm sure you all were thinking, Megatron was on the line. "Swindle, do you have any news on Optimus?" "Hhmm, I'm not sure." Then Optimus shouted from off screen. "Wait is that Megatron?!" Megatron was confused. "Who is that?" "Ah, nobody..."
"Swindle." Swindle sighed. "Fine, come on." Then Optimus ran up to the screen. Megatron was more than relieved to see him. "Optimus! I'm glad to see you're okay!" Swindle looked at Megatron, he had never seen him get excited over seeing any bot, ever. Megatron quickly re-composed himself. "How long until you arrive on earth?" Swindle looked at the instruments on his dash then said. "my guess is, about two deca-cycles. Probably a bit less then that through." "Then I look forward to seeing you." Then Megatron signed off.

During the one and a half deca-cycles spent traveling through space swindle tried his best to patch up Optimus but he was no medical bot so he knew he didn't do a very good job.

(A/N: so, a quick but of clarification as to why Optimus would need to be patched up. The 'inspection' that they did on Optimus involved a lot of scraping and prying on his plates. Because they checked literally every part of his body. This also meant he was leaking energon in quite a few places. I hope that cleared things up, sorry TvT)

When they finally landed on earth Swindle called Megatron and told him they had landed. Megatron wasted no time in getting to where they were. When Megatrons signal was close Swindle opened the door and him and Optimus walked out to wait. As Megatron came into view Optimuses excitement grew. As soon as Megatron got to them he transformed. He almost ran up to Optimus and the first thing he did was hug him. Optimus was a little surprised that he hugged him, but he hugged him back. Swindle was quite surprised that Megatron hugged Optimus, he had never seen him excited over any bot before much less him hugging and autobot. "I missed you." Megatron whispered into Optimuses ear. When Megatron looked up and Swindle. "You're not going to make me pay you something for this, right?" Swindle chuckled. "I'm a business bot, Megatron. I'm not sparkless." "Plus, it's not like I payed for him myself." Megatron was a but confused. "What do you mean?" Swindle smiled. "Let's just say I helped speed up somebot's retirement... into death." Megatron looked back down at Optimus. "Let's get you back home." Megatron stood up, putting Optimus on his shoulder plate. "See you next time Swindle." Megatron said. "Goodbye Swindle, thanks again!" Optimus yelled. Swindle was smiling as he walked back into his ship and flew off.