13. Memory of Family

Start from the beginning

"Shut up you little prick! Find another doctor!" Yells the doctor toward Taeko.

"But...you're the only doctor here!" Says Taeko.

"Who cares! Leave me alone!" The doctor then closed the door and he locked the door.

"Doctor! Doctor! Please! Help my sister!" Begs Taeko while she was knocking the door.

Taeko then looked at her sister Naomi who closed her eyes and didn't breath. It made Taeko panic.

"Sis...sis...sis! Naomi! Wake up!" Begs Taeko.

"Naomi...Father...Mother...everyone...please...stay with me...stay...don't leave me..." Taeko talks when she is sleeping.

Tatsumi hears a voice of Taeko. Tatsumi looks at Taeko who sleeps on the sofa and he comes to her.

"Naomi...please...wake up...don't leave me alone..." Begs Taeko when she is sleeping. Tears slowly come out from her eyes.

"T...Taeko?" Tatsumi calls her name and he rubs her head using his hand.

Taeko suddenly wakes up and she looks at Tatsumi.

"O...Oh...Tatsumi..." Taeko calls his name.

"Are you okay?" Asks Tatsumi.

"I...I...I'm fine..." Taeko wipes her tears.

"Should I accompany you?" Asks Tatsumi to Taeko.

"I'm...I'm fine..." Answers Taeko but Tatsumi sits beside Taeko. "You must be tired right? You should go to sleep." Says Taeko to Tatsumi.

"I have a feeling that you should be accompanied." Guesses Tatsumi.

"I told you...whatever..." Taeko gives up.

"So...who's Naomi?" Asks Tatsumi.

Taeko takes a long inhale and exhale and she is ready to speak.

"She...she was my little sister. Did you remember about what happened to my father, my mother, and my sisters?" Taeko asks.

"I see. I shouldn't ask. Sorry" Tatsumi apologizes.

"You don't have to apologize." Says Taeko. She silences for a short time then she looks at Tatsumi. "Tatsumi? Can I sit on you?" Asks Taeko.

"W...what?" Tatsumi is confused.

"S...sorry...Silly request." Taeko looks embarrassed.

"I see. Go ahead." Answers Tatsumi.

"Really? Are you sure?" Asks Taeko.

"Sure." Answers Tatsumi.

Then Taeko sits on Tatsumi's thighs. Tatsumi is embarrassed to see Taeko is in front of him and sits on his thighs.

"Naomi used to sit on my lap. She told her about how awesome father and mother were and I just listened what she said to me. My father was a warrior and my mother was a teacher. Naomi was confused to choose between warrior or teacher and I told her that she'd be better if she became teacher because she was smart. Not only Naomi, I had Ino, Omura, and Shiho. They were my little sisters to." Said Taeko and tears slowly come out from her eyes. "But one day...my father was killed...and after that...my mother and my sisters...slowly died from illness...first was my mother...then Ino...Omura...Shiho...and finaly...Naomi..." Taeko is about to cry. "I *sob* I...I was the only one *hic* who survived...but I lost everything *sob* I became a thief...who tried to survive...*hic*...I...can even have a bravery *sob* to face my father...my mother...my sisters...*hic*...and Naomi...." Taeko cries. She tries to wipe her tears using her hands but tears keep coming and she keeps crying.