Chapter 1

THIS IS A SAMPLE NOVEL!

The first 5 chapters will be posted here on Wattpad and if you want to read further, this story is completely free for all Tiers & followers to read!

Just follow me on Ream! Link is in my BIO❤️
There's also step by step instructions on how to get the app if you have an IPhone!

————————————————————

R E M I ||

"Come on Remi, get yourself together, everything is going to be fine, just breathe, they will love you, you will get this job." I mumble to myself for the thousandth time as my leg shakes continuously in this damn chair.

I've been sitting in the lobby of Pierce Inc, the biggest software development company in the state for almost an hour, waiting for my interview to begin.

I seriously needed this job because I don't have anymore money left in my savings and my bills have been piling up ever since I lost my job at the coffee shop.

When I came out to my parents a few months ago because my ex-boyfriend pressured me into telling them even though I wasn't ready, my parents disowned me and stopped paying for my tuition in University, so I had to drop out and get a temporary job to sustain myself.

This would have been my last year in college and then I would have graduated with my bachelors in software engineering, my dream job would have been to develop my own software for hospitals and clinics everywhere to use that made things easier to schedule appointments and register patient information.

Unfortunately for me, my sexuality was a deal breaker for my parents and they stopped funding my education and I had to drop out, then when that happened, my ex boyfriend broke up with me because I no longer had a promising future.

You would think that he would have supported me, emotionally at least, after pressuring me to come out to my parents, but instead of doing the right thing, he left me.

Well after that happened, I became pretty fucking angry and started acting out at work, yelling at customers, throwing coffee at people, refusing to remake orders and I even shouted that I was gay at the top of my lungs when one customer in the drive thru said that being a coffee barista wasn't a manly job.

I told him well maybe me being gay will make me successful in my line of work.

Well that didn't go well because he ended up throwing his hot coffee on me, then he came inside and demanded that his drink be remade by someone who in his words, wasn't fruity.

I refused to remake it, clearly, but unfortunately for me, so did the three coworkers that were working with me that day because apparently they were homophobic as well and I didn't know that.

The looks and whispers and scowls that I got from my coworkers and customers were so fucking cruel, that I ended up quitting out of emotion and stormed out of there.

Leaving my small hometown because news travels way too fast and I just couldn't take the heat, I moved that same week to the big, crazy and chaotic city of Los Angeles, California.

Fast forward five months later and here I am.

Unemployed, lonely, bitter, broke, friend less, miserable and worst of all, I hate myself for being gay because it's caused so many negative things to happen in my life.

Trauma.

It's the definition of my life.

Love is traumatic, family is traumatic, friendships are traumatic and being gay is traumatic.