"Yeah, everything I learned when it comes to fighting is because of the old man. But still is it too much to ask for him to tone it down just a little?"

""Hahahaha!"" the twins laughed as they watched August sighing because of the beating he was receiving. They couldn't help but find him a bit cute.

"Speaking of fighting. I really wish that I could spar with any of you." August suddenly became serious as he looked at the twins. "I've never fought anyone close or even above me in strength except for the old man. And I can feel that the two of you are super strong."

"well as much as we want to fight you." -Tiona
"we can't really make a decision without asking Finn for permission." -Tione
the twins answered August.

"Then maybe we could ask Finn? I'm sure he'll have no problem with it since it's just a friendly spar."

"I'll spar with you." suddenly a voice joined in, August followed the voice to see the werewolf Bete Loga looking at him with a cocky smirk on his face. "You're cool with that right?"

August didn't really like this man, and he can tell that he doesn't like him either. And that cocky smile is really pissing him off.

"Sure, I've got no problem with that." August answered him returning a cocky smile of his own which annoyed the werewolf. "But aren't you gonna ask for permission first?"

"Oh I'm sure he wouldn't mind... Won't you Finn?"

August looked behind him only to find the trio of Finn, Gareth, and Riveria standing there, watching them. "Well I see no problem if it's just a friendly spar."

"So there you have it boy. Or are you perhaps backing out?" Bete smiled became even more cockier, looking at August with an amused expression on his face.

'This man is really pissing me off.' August eyes were twitching, but the smile on his face was still there. But slowly his smile turned into a feral grin as the prospect of beating the shit out of him entered his mind. "backing out? HAHAHA!!! You must be joking." his face suddenly became serious as he looked at Bete like he was his prey. "Let's have a friendly spar then."

.
.
.
.
.

The adventurers formed a huge circle with both August and Bete at the middle. Somehow their spar became a spectacle for everyone on the 18th floor as multiple adventurers came to watch the two fight.

"Holy shit isn't that Bete Loga the Vanargand of Loki familia?" a random adventurer exclaimed as he saw Bete standing in the middle.

"Yeah it is... Who is he fighting against?" another adventurer chimes in.

"Th-that's August Kaiser... Gáe Bulg August Kaiser!!!" an adventurer who recognized August exclaimed.

"Who now?"

"You haven't been up to the surface yet but that guy is a level 5 adventurer who has beaten Goliath solo."

"Killing a monster rex solo?!"

"A level 5?!"

"Damn he looks young!"

"Is he single by any chance?"

"Holy shit we're getting a heavy weight matchup aren't we."

The adventurers were getting noisy as they watched the two of them glared at one another. August with his beloved spear Beowulf and Bete holding his two swords Dual Rolan. The atmosphere was so tense you could cut it with a knife.

"Who knows August was this popular already?" Tiona said as she watches the back of August. They were gone for a couple of weeks yet August had garnered this much recognition.

"Well he is the full package... Strong, good-looking, and young. Him gaining popularity was only a matter of time if you ask me." Tione answered her sister.

"So who do you think will win?" Riveria asked Finn and Gareth for their opinions on the fight.

"Base on level... Bete has this in the bag, he is level 6 after all and from what we are hearing young August is only a level 5." Gareth answered her as he put he finger in his chin.

"But it isn't a guarantee, we don't know much about August, how he fights against another person is still a mystery for us. But I'm leaning on Bete on this one." Finn chimed in his thought watching closely. "Either way we will see how strong the boy from 9 years has grown."

Farther away from the crowd Ais was watching the two of them. Her eyes are glued to the young man who is the same age and the same level as her.

Bete looked around and opened his mouth. "Looks like we gathered quite a crowd, you can still back off if you want. Losing in front of this many people would be embarrassing don't you think?" He is riling up August and he knows it.

August smirked at the attempt and answered back. "You seem to have forgotten, you're level 6, if I lose no one will bat an eye to it. But if you lose no one will ever forget."

The words of August made Bete angry at it. He knows the words rings true, clinching his swords hard he took his stance and glared at him. August followed suit, twirling his spear to a blur he aimed the tip at Bete, his full concentration now in the fight.

Finn walked in the middle of the two and looked at them, seeing that they were ready, he raised his hand up in the air.

"Begin!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

***

Hey guys. Chapter 27 is done, how do you guys like the story so far?

Please leave a comment, a review and feedback so I can improve on writing this fanfic. every little thing helps as it allows me to see your preference on things and would help me write a better fanfic for you all to enjoy.

thanks for picking up this fanfic. hope you guys like it.

good day, love y'all.

P.S
The Man Candy would really appreciate it if you guys can leave a review of this fanfic.