Chapter 2: Tori's place

Start from the beginning

"O-okay, well I'll keep it in mind and we can talk about it if she seems off." I responded after a while of silence, now smiling at Cat to try and console her slightly, as I could tell she was freaking out a little.

After that, I put the TV back on, and let Cat pick something to watch whilst we waited for the others to arrive.

****

It had been a while, and finally I heard my doorbell ring again. I picked up my phone, and checked the time. I saw that it was 6:32pm.

"Ding dong!" Cat called out, giggling.

"I got it." I announced, hopping up out of my seat and jogging over to the door. As I opened it, I saw Andre and Robbie standing beside each other, Rex of course in Robbie's hand. Andre stood tall, with baggy black jeans and a fitted black shirt with some band logo on it and a silver chain. Robbie, however, wore similar geeky clothes to normal, his black fluffy hair standing out.

"What's good, Tor?" Andre laughed, pulling me into a loose hug. He seemed in a good mood.

"Hiya Tori!" Robbie exclaimed, rocking awkwardly back and forth on his feet as he did so.

"Hey guys! Come in! Cat's here already, she was a little early." I responded cheerfully, opening the door wide as the pair marched in as they had so many times before. Before I shut the door, I noticed a familiar car begin to drive up my road. It belonged to Beck. I felt my stomach tighten a little, as I was still kinda terrified to face Jade after earlier, even after what Cat had told me. I gently shut the door, nervously waiting for them to pull up and come to the door. I could hear my friends chatting in the background now, but their voices were slowly becoming drowned out by my heart, which was increasingly beating harder and harder as I heard the car approaching. 

After what felt like an eternity, I heard the engine shut off, followed by two car doors slamming. I took a small step back from the door as I waited. I heard approaching muffled voices and footsteps. My heart genuinely felt like it was going to beat out of my chest now.

The door bell rang.

I gulped slightly as I placed my hand on the handle, slightly hesitating before I cracked the door open. In front of me stood Beck, his arm around his girlfriend's waist. Her arms were crossed, and her hair flowed over her shoulders so perfectly. She stood a little taller than me, which admittedly intimidated me somewhat. It was silent for a few moments, as I hid my body behind the door, only poking my head out.

"Hey Tori." The male voice finally spoke, breaking the silence. He raised his hand slightly to wave as he did so. My eyes turned away from his girlfriend, who I noticed I'd been staring at, and to him.

"Oh, hey Beck." I chuckled, opening the door a little more. "And Jade." I added, a small hint of worry in my voice.

"Hey." Jade murmured slightly, her voice lower than mine with that same rasp as always. 

I was hit with confusion straight away. No mean comment? Just hey?  Maybe Cat was right. Maybe something was up with her. She normally would've greeted me with some sort of condescending comment, or have even ignored me completely.

I opened the door fully, and motioned for them to come in, which they did so hand in hand. 

****

Jade's PoV

*-------------*

"Hey." I spoke, quieter than usual, keeping Beck's talk with me in mind. I had to be nicer to her tonight, and to be honest that actually wasn't starting to sound so bad after earlier. I didn't wanna cause a scene like that again, because then people would definitely know that something was up.