"I'm a little rusty, but there's plenty of time to fix that. Without a doubt, I'm in." Connie and Guy watched on eagerly. And with this information, it was up to me to seal fate.

"Well, we'd be honoured to play at the wedding."

With confirmation, Connie and Guy were overjoyed - claiming that it would certainly be a highlight. Clearly, it was a weight of their shoulders. They gave us a surprising amount of control over the setlist (though they checked it over). Anything played after the allotted set would be on the fly and hopefully void of consequences.

The only songs set in stone are Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer for the first dance, I'll Cover You from Rent (they're big musical people) and Still Into You by Paramore to transition into the party. Fulton and I have talked about using the same Paramore song, but it's a good fit for both couples. We're just relieved to have different ideas for first dance songs (We've talked about using I Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith). None of that matters though since there hasn't even been a proposal.

The ensuing months put us all hard at work. Knowing that there would still be some stress on the wedding day, we made sure to enjoy the bachelor/bachelorette parties and treat them as somewhat of a reward and celebration. Fult and I relayed some... interesting stories when we got home.

After a couple decades of anticipation, today is the day that Connie and Guy finally got married. I stood behind Connie as her maid of honor and was on high alert to prevent anything from going wrong. That meant giving Portman a death stare when I noticed him messing around folding his performance bandana in the third row. When he looked up and saw me, he quickly put it back in his pocket and paid attention. The vows were beautiful - everything you'd expect from them. Connie looked stunning and Guy more handsome than ever.

Moving to the next destination for the reception, it's time for the party to begin and for the Bash Brigade to make a comeback. We tune up as everyone gets situated. With Connie giving us the go ahead, I speak into the mic to get everyone's attention.

"Hello, everyone. Thank you for coming today - I know most of us have been waiting for this day our whole lives. Congratulations Connie and Guy. We love you. So, please welcome our beautiful bride and groom to the dance floor for their first dance."

As they make their way to the vacant dance floor to the sound of applause and cheering, I've never seen their smiles shine as much as right now under the spotlight. I've never been so nervous for a performance in my life. We play their selected song and watch on as they dance like no one's watching. The world could be burning down around them and they wouldn't even notice. Connie's dress flows gracefully with every step, spin and dip of their rehearsed dance. Her jewels shimmer and shine more light on the love in the room.

The sight of my best friends making the most of the best day of their lives is enough to make me almost forget the words. Thankfully, my months of stressing to make everything perfect powers me through to the end. As the song comes to a close, Connie and Guy embrace and kiss to a choir of clapping and whistling from the crowd. Foreheads pressed together, they quickly burst into a fit of giggles that I'm sure they don't even know the reason for.

They flash us a smile as things die down. That's our cue to start our next song. With I'll Cover You being a duet, Fulton joins me in the role of Collins. Being in a higher register, I sing Angel's part. The upbeat tune brings people to the dance floor, but Still Into You is what keeps them there. With the specified songs out of the way, the Bash Brigade return to our former glory by amping it up and adding some distortion and spice. Clearly, our taste in music hasn't changed.

Without realising it, we play practically double our planned set - we're just having too much fun being on stage again. Some people are already drunk, but that makes the crowd even better. In a mutual agreement, we decide to switch over to the recorded. Telling everyone that we'll probably be back later for a drunk encore gives hope to the few paying enough to be disappointed that the live band is leaving.