EX. VOIDER'S MEMORY [3]

====================
WITH MEI AND Y/N
IN THE WAR ROOM
====================
Mei: "Y/n."

Y/n: "Ah."
Y/n: "Mei, hello."
Y/n welcomes Mei with a small smile.

Mei:  "Hello."
Mei: "I have one question about the honkai you were fused with."

Y/n: "What is it?"
Y/n gently questions Mei.

Mei: "I can see you could've been compatible with other honkai."
Mei: "Like Kevin, or Eden's for example."
Mei: "Even Tonatiuh could have been a good option for you."
Mei:  "Why choose Void Hellion?"

Y/n: "That is true, Mei."
Y/n: "I could've been compatible with other strong honkai."
Y/n: "But I didn't choose my honkai."
Y/n:  "I gave Doctor MEI the choice of choosing my honkai to fuse with."

Mei:  "But even so..."
Mei: "You were fine with it?"

Y/n:  "Yes, I was fine with it."
Y/n: "I gave her the choice to do so."
Y/n: "Since I was very compatible with any honkai despite my weak body."

Mei:  "I wouldn't even give them a chance."

Y/n:  "If you had Mobius as the person to do your surgery, I wouldn't have given her the freedom to do so unlike Doctor MEI."

Mei:  "Well, that's true enough."

Y/n: "I trusted Doctor MEI more than Mobius to do my surgery, even though it was a 0.9% chance I wouldn't make it..."
Y/n: "But I did so anyway."
Y/n: "I put my trust in her as well as myself to make it through."
Y/n: "Since then, I succeeded and lived on."
Y/n: "Who knows if my real self is still alive..."

Mei: "If you were still alive, or possibly if you are, I would've liked to become friends with you."

Y/n: "Really now?"
Y/n: "I'd do the same if I had met you in real life, and I believe we're friends already even if I'm a SIM."

Mei: "I appreciate your kindness."

Y/n subtly nods in appreciation.
Y/n:  "So now, let's go backwards just a bit."
Y/n: "The meaning of this power that affected the mission."
Y/n: "I'm pretty sure that's something you want to know."

Mei subtly nods.
Mei:  "What happened in your point of view?"
Mei: "Not only that, how did it affect the real you?"

Y/n:  "To be honest, I have no idea on how it happened..."
Y/n: "From what many told me..."
Y/n: "I was told at the time that my real self was fine for one moment."
Y/n: "The next thing they knew, I was losing control of the concentrated honkai energy that was building up within me."
Y/n: "But I know I probably did lose my life from that, or maybe it just elevated me to the sea of quanta."
Y/n: "Who knows if my real self is really alive at this point."

Mei:  "Then, how were you able to sync your memories...?"

Y/n:  "My past, my current memories, information on the world, and most of all, my memories of everyone..."
Y/n: "I synced it all way before I left to go on my mission."
Y/n:  "So there should there be no records within my data of how I was able to access this information except being told of this by other Flame-Chasers that were informed of the incident."

Mei:  "..."
Mei: "Even so, it still doesn't make sense..."
Mei softly blurts out with a calm yet neutral tone.

Y/n:  "Hm?"
Y/n momentarily raises her eyebrows gently in a curious manner.
Y/n: "What doesn't?"

Mei: "No, never mind..."
Mei: "It was only a curious impulsive thought."

Y/n: "No, it's okay, Mei."
Y/n: "What didn't make sense to you may have made sense to the real me back then."
Y/n: "Even if I can't see some parts of my story due to it being jumbled, I would still love to hear of your opinion regardless."

Mei:  "I see..."
Mei:  "If you accept my opinion, I will tell you what I'm thinking about."
Mei:  "I believe there is more to your death than just being told."

Y/n:  "Do tell, I'm listening."

Mei:  "From everything you've told me by far, I can tell there are some pieces missing to the story."
Mei:  "You said earlier you synced your memories before your departure to your last mission, and there were many researchers that were there to witness your supposed end."
Mei:  "Besides Dr. MEI that was present during that period..."
Mei:  "There was also one other person that was involved as well, who may have some answers to this."

Y/n:  "I know who you're referring to."
Y/n:  "To confirm with you, she was visibly there behind the scenes in command."
Y/n:  "Not only that, she was also the person who actually gave me that mission."

Mei:  "Is that so?"
Mei:  "I don't like talking to her, but she's the only person who can tell us what she witnessed during your mission at the time."
Mei:  "If she cooperates to elaborate, that is."

Y/n:  "She's never really the type to cooperate unless you absolutely catch her attention."
Y/n:  "It has to be something or someone that is willing to become her lab rat."
Y/n:  "That's how ignorant she has become for her selfish righteousness for humanity, that woman."
Y/n softly sighs.

Mei:  "I agree."
Mei:  "But we have no other choice but to go through with this."
Mei: "If so, we can have the answers we can get from her."
Mei responds back calmly.

Y/n: "Are you willing to ask her first?"
Y/n: "Giving the different person she is, from all her experiments while shedding her skin and becoming a different conscious than the real her, it might be a bit difficult for negotiations, as I stated earlier."

Mei: "Don't worry, I'll think about what to do."
Mei: "In the meantime, if you do have any ideas or suggestions to recommend, just let me know."

Y/n: "I will."
Y/n: "Thank you, Mei."

Mei: "Anytime."

Y/n: "I should warn you about something before you go."
Y/n: "She is very calculating, twisted, and complex."
Y/n: "As a doctor from the previous era, she is prone to deducting many possibilities, risks, benefits, and results with just a blink of an eye."
Y/n: "With how you want your plans to go, just make sure it doesn't sway to her direction."
Y/n: "Any cracks she finds, she can take advantage of the situation as her own easily if you let your guard slip."
Y/n: "Though I know you already know that without telling you twice."

Mei: "Mm."
Mei:  "With the many times we have spoke to one another, I am clearly aware of it."

Y/n nods.
Y/n: "She's a completely different person compared to the real self as you have witnessed in the Elysian Realm before."
Y/n: "As she is currently, she is not the person to be fathomed with unless you have a plan or two in hand, and other backup plans in case."
Y/n: "Just be careful, okay?"

Mei: "Thank you for the warning, Y/n."

...
...
...

Mei: "Despite already knowing this, I'll keep cautionary note of it."