IV. Y/N'S BACKSTORY PT. 3

================================================

I was able to meet Eden, the sweetest person besides Elysia that I've ever met. Although her making me drink when I'm underage for it was a bit difficult.

Sakura and Fu Hua said hello and went on their way.
Typical warriors, huh?

Pardofelis and Vill-V waved hello and continued walking to Vill-V's workshop.

I wanted to avoid Kalpas and Mobius as much as possible, I sensed some malicious intent from both of them so I quickly went on to the next person.

Kosma was quiet when I met him, but Elysia let me know that he's always like this, so I didn't mind at all.

Griseo was a bit shy but with the help of Aponia, they were able to greet me with kind colors and led me straight to Doctor MEI, Su, and Kevin.

I was a bit scared at first, but with the help of Elysia by my side, I was able to introduce myself with no problem.

A couple of days later, after I met the MOTHs...
Doctor MEI had a proposition.
If I were to do this one thing for her, she would grant me one wish.

Y/n: "..."

Doctor MEI: "Anything you want, I will grant one proposal."
Y/n: "What is your proposition?"

Doctor MEI: "Guys, leave. I need to speak to Y/n privately here."

Elysia, Kevin, and Su left without question.
After they left, she waited for a few more seconds before she proposed her idea.

Doctor MEI: "I want to experiment on you."

Y/n: "Why?"

Doctor MEI: "It's more of a mystery of how you can hold so much honkai energy without being corrupted of its power. You are not a Herrscher as I could see from our last check-up, your honkai levels are not as high as it is, but you are at the level where you can take in at least an Emperor-class Honkai monster just like some of the Flame-Chasers here."

I want to be...
...
...
...
Maybe I'll find my purpose of why I was saved, and possibly save those I can.
Or possibly, why I was chosen to become the last member of the flame-chasers.

Y/n: "Then, promise me one thing..."

Doctor MEI: "?"

Y/n: "Make me a Flame-chaser while you're experimenting on me. Choose any honkai monster of your choice, I don't mind. I'm ready."

Doctor MEI had a glint of worry.
Doctor MEI: "Are you sure? If you do this, you won't go back to your normal self."

Y/n: "I would never go back to my normal self if I wanted. And you said yourself, you wanted to experiment on me. Doctor, I'm ready."

........
.........
.........

Doctor MEI: "Lie there on the bed, I'll get everything ready."

With the Honkai of her choice that she took from her cabinet, she slowly came back and got everything ready.

Before she started injecting the serum of the honkai I was going to be in sync with, she used a sleeping injection that would put me to sleep during the process.
After finishing her part, while asleep, Doctor MEI put me in an incubator, where she would monitor my well-being as well as my current honkai levels.

Doctor MEI: "Vitals... okay. Honkai levels... okay. Breathing... all good. Is she zombifying... no, all good. She's well compatible for this. Whew..."

*[THIRD POV]*
Dr. MEI took you out of the incubator, put you on the bed again.
She pulled out some sheets of papers to take notes while checking up on you at the same time.

Doctor MEI: "Any fevers... no. Any color changing features... no. Any abnormalities... Yes, these small ears on her head weren't here before. We'll see what they turn into. Any changes to the face... no. What about eye color?"

She opens one eye.
Doctor MEI: "Blue. Normal."

She opens the other eye.
Doctor MEI: "Dark Purple."

Carefully taking notes down, she went and put two finger on her chest.
Doctor MEI: "Any discomfort on the chest... no. Any body changes... yes. Her childlike body has drastically changed, she grew more longer than she was before. How come I never noticed until now? Maybe because it happened while I was checking on her eyes?"

While Doctor MEI was checking up on you, a certain someone just went inside her lab.
Although Kevin and Su tried to stop her, it was futile.
???: "Oh wow, she's gotten beautiful~"

Doctor MEI: "You're not supposed to be here, Elysia."

Elysia: "I know, I'm just worried of my lovely Y/n, that's all."

Doctor MEI: "As long as you don't cause a commotion."

As Doctor MEI was saying that, Elysia was already touching your small undeveloped ears.
Elysia: "Oh wow, are these her ears? They're so soft~!"
Elysia: "Although they haven't fully developed yet!"

Doctor MEI already regrets having her here.

Elysia: "Can I bring Kevin and Su here?"

Doctor MEI: "No."

Elysia: "Kevin! Su!"

Doctor MEI: "I said no!"

Elysia: "Look at how much she changed!"

Kevin: "... And?"

Su: "..."

Kevin: "You brought us here just to have us see her?"

Elysia: "Well, not only that..."

Su: "Wait, her hair strands are changing colors..."

Kevin: "Some white spots, every part of her hair is turning purple..."

Elysia: "White strands with the rest of her hair purple... What a nice combination. And her hair also got wavy on the ends. Isn't her hair also getting a bit too shiny? And her hair is growing so long! I'm so jealous~!"

Doctor MEI: "So far, she has been changing drastically far more than anyone else here."

Elysia: "Just curious, but what Honkai type did you give to her?"

Doctor MEI: "It's a rare type that we might not be finding anytime soon...

"_o_d H_ll_on."

================================================