Navid nodded. “Okay, Hakim. I’ll do all of that, just as long as nobody gets hurt. I’d hate for some people to die because of us,” he told him in a steely tone.

Hakim patted his cheek. “Don’t worry, you have my word. No one will get hurt, besides dad of course.”

With that, Hakim turned on his heels and left the room whilst Navid went to his nightstand and took his phone, where he had long since received the location of where Humberto was now residing, somewhere in Madrid. It was an added advantage that he had some properties there, which meant his stay would be comfortable. 

And yet, there was still a slight hesitance to actually go. This is a very bad idea, I can feel it in my bones. 

“The sooner I do this, the sooner I can get on with my life,”  he said aloud and then placed his phone in his pocket, grabbed his suitcase by the handle and then dragged it out of the room, down the stairs and just as he was almost at the front door, his mother’s voice echoed in the foyer and had him frozen in his tracks.

“Where are you going, Navid?” she asked, standing atop the staircase.

“Father sent me on a trip for business purposes. I won’t be away for too long though,” he replied her calmly but her eyes narrowed at him. She didn’t believe him at all.

She began to descend the stairs. “And may I ask what the nature of this business trip is?” she further inquired, making Navid’s heartbeat spike. Normally, Navid was able to lie to just about anyone, but when it came to his mother, she could see through him like he was made of glass.

“Well, dad is thinking about acquiring an old winery in Barcelona and sent me to check it out. Nothing out of the ordinary,” he lied in a voice that was both too calm and too edgy.

Nasim tapped her chin as she took the last step. “Okay then dear. I wish you all the best with your exploit. Make sure you bring me back a souvenir,” she said with a smile and then hugged him and placed a kiss on his cheek. “I know that deep down, you have a good soul and that’s why I know I can always count on you to make the right decisions.”

Hugging her tightly and then let her go and offered her a small smile. With that, he was out the door and had the chauffeur load his suitcase into the trunk of the Range Rover and they were on their way to their private hangar which was close to Heathrow. 

                                                                                           ***

Three hours later, when the sun had long set, Navid was being driven to a mansion that he had under his name that’s he’d bought not too long ago. It was supposed to serve as a vacation home, but for now, it would have to serve as a bungalow for espionage. When he arrived, two maids were there to carry his luggage and offer him dinner after the long flight. 

Early next day, he had his hired driver take him to a place that can only be regarded as the outskirts of Madrid. It seemed jungle like, and for a second, he thought he had gotten the wrong location and had to double check the GPS. “Are you sure about this location, sir?” the driver asked in Spanish, voice dripping with wariness.   

From the intel I got, we are headed in the right direction,” he replied but with an undernote of skepticism. As the flora got clearer, they soon stumbled upon what could only be described as a highly guarded fortress.

Before they could get any further, two guards stopped them. “Shit,” Navid mumbled under his breath. They had two very large shot guns and very mean looking faces.

“State your business,” one of them asked in a heavy Spanish accent and the driver gulped, staring frightfully at the firearm that he had slung around his shoulder.

Navid held his hands up. “I come in peace. I would like to have a chat with Humberto Dos Santos,” he told him and the other guard pulled out a walkie talkie which he spoke rapidly into.

“Name?” he asked harshly.

“Navid Pedrad.”

After a few more exchanges between, he motioned for them to pass through and they parked at the entrance of the home. As Navid jumped out of the car, the front door burst open and out strolled the ever arrogant and ever infuriating Humberto Dos Santos, donning what could be deemed age-inappropriate shorts, no shirt and a set of ray bans hiding his forest green eyes.

“I can only imagine how you found me here, right in the middle of nowhere. You must be either very rich and influential or just plain stupid. What the hell are you doing here, brother of Omar Pedrad?” he remarked arrogantly with a self-righteous smirk.

Navid cleared his throat and slipped his hands into his pocket. “This has to do with a common enemy.”

“Who might that be?”

“Emilio Dos Ramos.”

_________________________________

Hello good people! How's the week going so far?

My day was hella weird but interesting...hence why I'm updating late.

Anyways, let me know your thoughts on the plot...and remember to vote! 😘

Love,

~Deetronite ❤️