Chapter 8: A Meme King's coronation

Bắt đầu từ đầu

They give each other a cold stare before breathing out a sigh and calming down. Whew! Crisis averted! Was worried I'd have to bail while they duke it out.

Blake: Alright, we won't fight. But in return you have to let me cuddle with you tonight. Deal?

Y/n: ... Deal.

Blake gives a victorious smile before walking away with a little extra spring in her step. Whelp, that makes two girls I can confirm have a crush on me... But... I'm scared... What if I end up betraying them like I did to Kirby? Even if I wasn't completely there in the head, I still feel the guilt like it WAS all my doing... Maybe it was? I'll never know... Ruby notices the sullen look in my eyes and tilts my head up so I'm looking directly into hers... Who do I feel so... Safe?

Ruby: Y/n, what's wrong?

I end up breaking down in her arms, tightly wrapping mine around her...Guess there's no hiding it anymore.

Y/n: I-I'm scared... That one d-day I'll end up b-betraying you guys like what happened before!

Ruby: Hey... It's OK Y/n... I know you won't turn your back on us like that.

Y/n: H-how?

Ruby: Well, you put your life at risk to save Weiss from those Beringrels and you saved us from those Nevermores and you got me that lifetime supply of cookies. Look, I know that may seem irrelevant to you but if you ever start to slip, I will ALWAYS be there to pull you back up... I promise...

Y/n: Thank... You... *Quiet snoring*

Ruby pov:

OH MY OUM HE'S TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!!! Wait, his snores almost sound like-

Y/n: *Quiet purring*

...

I've made up my mind. Y/n is now officially the cutest thing on Remnant. I mean, how am I supposed to resist his sleeping face AND his purring! It's too precious!

Lor: A word of advice when Y/n is sleeping besides not waking him up. Once he latches onto something or someone, he will NOT let go. Don't even ask me where he gets all the physical strength from. Oh, do you mind if I get a picture? You two look so cute together!

I give her a nod and she grabs a camera before snapping a quick photo.

Lor: I can portal you straight to Y/n's dorm room if you want. It'll save you the journey.

Ruby: Please.

Y/n's mom opens a portal beside her, letting me carry Y/n through and into his "Fort Magolor"... It's a blanket fort with cute little flags!

Anyway, I gently rearrange the beanbags and lay down on top of them with Y/n still snuggled into me. It's honestly mind-boggling how someone so cute could possibly exist but here we are... And I wouldn't have it any other way~ I hear the door open and Yang comes in looking all apologetic.

Yang: Y/n? You in here, little buddy? If so, I want to say I'm sorry about the whole energy drink thing. It was a stupid prank... Y/n?

Y/n: *Yawn* It's fine... Just don't let it happen again. I end up with a terrible headache every time I crash from the caffeine...

Yang: Oh while I'm here. Neo wanted to show you something. She said it's one of her favorite parts of her Semblance.

Y/n: Okay... Where is she?

Yang: In the courtyard.

Y/n nods his head before nuzzling himself back into me for a few more minutes.