I remember

'Anyone down for a little pick me up?' Jess drinks from her water bottle and laughs.
'Me please.' I laugh and take the bottle. Justin took it from me and sniffed it.
'Is this vodka?' He looks at Monty and then at me and Jess.'
'Since when do you drink at school?'
'Since when do you turn down a drink?' Bryce pushes him and takes the bottle.
'Gimme some!' I hold out my hand for the bottle.
'Nope.' Monty takes it just before I can.
'Whatever. Save me some Jess.'
'Alright, I gotta copy my Spanish homework before the bell rings. Adios losers.'
'I'll come with you.' I caught up to her.

'Hey, Jessica, Y/n. I heard the tape about your party.' Clay ran up to us.
'Seriously Clay, haven't you figured it out yet? Those tapes are bullshit.'
'Yeah Clay, come on.' I said.
'I don't think they are!'
'You need to move on!'
'Tell me why?'
'Move on.' Jess repeated.
'My god! Ok, fine, come here.' She took Clay by the hand and I followed.

'Seriously Clay, get over it.'
'It was you she was talking about right?' Clay asked Jess. He had just finished Justin's second tape. Mine was right after. 'Because if it was I wanna help. We need to do something about it. Tell someone.'
'That night did not happen the way Hannah said it did.' Clay looked at me for support but I just hung my head down.
'Then how did it happen?'
'I hooked up with my boyfriend!'

'We were both pretty drunk so we basically just passed out after.'
'Justin told you that or you remember?'
'I remember.' She walked out. Clay tried to follow but I grabbed his arm.
'Clay, back off. She doesn't believe it.'
'But you do?'
'I.. uh. I don't know. I was really drunk then aswell, I can't really remember much.'
'I'm not asking if you remember, I'm asking if you believe.'
'Y-' Jess looked at me through the doorway.
'No..' I walked out.

Monty and Justin appeared behind Jess.
'Man Jensen, you just can't leave it alone can you.' Justin said, Jess trying to push him away.
'Yeah, Jensen you need to learn when to stop.' Monty agreed. Does he even know what Justin's talking about? He doesn't know about the tapes.
'Stay the fuck away from my girlfriend, you got it?'
'Yeah and mine too.'
'You're fucking joking right? Montgomery I'm not your fucking girlfriend.' I help Jess push them away.
'Who was it Justin? Who did it?'
'Who did what?' Justin tried to run towards Clay.
'Justy what's he on about?' Monty asked.
'Fuck him, let's go.'
'Mind your own fucking business you got it?' We all walked out. I turned to look at Clay, smiled sadly and followed them.

-----time jump-----

At lunch, Marcus went to talk to Clay.
'When are you guys gonna leave him alone?' I asked everyone.
'When he stops fucking trying to "sort shit out".' Justin said.
'He's upset. He misses Hannah. So do I. But you have to fucking understand that he's doing this for her!' I defend.
'Well he shouldn't. She's gone.' Jess said. Everyone turned to stare at Marcus and Clay.

I got up to put my rubbish in the bin when I run into someone.
'Oh shit, sorry. Oh Scott?'
'Hey Y/n! Can you help me study math later?'
'Sure! My place or yours?'
'My place is free.' He smiled. That smile. I love it.
'Ok, I'll be there at 7.'

-----time jump-----

We were in the changing rooms when I saw Jess pouring vodka in her drink.
'Jess! Can I have some? Now that Monty's not here.'
'Sure, you need to stay hydrated!' She laughed.
'Hey, when are coming back to cheer? I love Sheri but she's a bit of a handful.'
'Uh I'll think about it. I can't fucking stand Sheri. Not after-' I stopped myself. Jess smiled sadly.
'Yeah, I get it.'

'Hey, everything ok?' Courtney approached us.
'Clay listened to the tape about my party.' Jess said. 'All that bullshit that Hannah said. Of course he believes it. He said he wants to help me.'
'So whatever Tony did, didn't work?'
'Apparently not.' We carried on getting changed.
'If Hannah had seen something, she would've told me, right?'
'I mean, we all know she made all of that stuff up.'
'Did she? Because that photo of her on the slide with Justin was real. The "Hot or not" list was real.'
'And your tape was real? Wasn't it Courtney?' I stared at her.
'Maybe the rest were to.' Jess carried on.
'Jessica, Justin is your boyfriend. Who are you gonna believe him or.. a girl who was jealous because you were dating her ex?' I scoffed. More like Courtney was jealous.

-----time jump-----

I heard that Clay got suspended for drugs. Drugs? Clay? No. He doesn't do that shit.
'Y/n, tell the others I sorted it.' Marcus came up to me.
'What do you mean?'
'I sorted Clay.'
'That was you? With the drugs? You fucking psyco!' I yell.
'I had to! He was threatening to go to the school!'
'So? Maybe he should. You just don't want your fucking reputation to get ruined.'
'If we go down you go down.'
'No Marcus, I have nothing left.'

-----time jump-----

'Scott, how the fuck don't you know the 12 times tables? It's what we learn in grade 3 you idiot.' I laugh at him. He's so cute when he's struggling with math.
'I don't know? I mean I know up to 12 x 6.'
'Ok, I give up. You are impossible to tutor.' I throw a pillow at him.
'Whatever.' He laughs.

Messages:
Jess😍 - Y/n. Can you come over?
Y/n - Sorry Jess, I''m really busy right now.
Jess😍 - Please. I need you.
Y/n - Ok babe, omw.

'Scott, uh my mum just messaged me. I have to help out with the shop.'
'Now? Please don't leave me.' He fake cries.
'I'm sorryy! I'll make it up to you. One day.' I kissed his cheek.
'Bye.'

-----time jump-----

'Jess?' I knocked on her door. I had told her parents that we had a project due tomorrow and we had to finish it off. I saw Jess crying on her bed.
'Shit Jess.'
'Y/n.. I remember.' I ran and hugged her.
'Shh, it's ok.' I stroked her head.
'Do you.. remember?'
'I've remembered since I first listened to the tapes.' I said.
'Why didn't you tell me?'
'I didn't think you would've believed me.' I held her tight.