It's all our faults

The next day, I heard that Clay took Courtney to Hannah's grave. He said some shit to her making her really upset. Then, Justin, Zach and Alex took Clay for a car ride and tried to kill him. They're fucking freaks.

I was walking to school when I heard Alex shouting.
'The fuck man?! People are trying to walk here!' He was yelling at Monty and Justin, who were just laughing.
'The fuck is your problem?' Alex took off his bag and walked towards Monty.
'Dude, Alex chill, it's all good.' He tried to comfort him.
'Oh it's all good? You think you can just run people over like everyone else at this fucking school?'
'You're tripping man.'
'Get out of the car.' Alex whispered. 'Get out of the car!' He started hitting the car door.'

'Alex! What the fuck!' I ran over to him.
'I'm gonna kick his fucking ass Y/n! Get out! Get out!'
'Alex calm the fuck down!' Justin said.
'You calm the fuck down! I am calm! Man, I am so fucking calm!'
'You don't wanna do this.' Monty walked up to Alex.
'You think I'm scared of you?'
'You should be.'
'Fuck you!' Alex said, pushing Monty.

Everyone gasped. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Monty stared at me, smirked and hit Alex. What, did he think this was gonna win me back?
'Monty! Get the fuck off him! Justin? Zach? Someone fucking do something!' I yelled.

They started wrestling eachother and throwing eachother too the ground. It was obvious who was winning.
'Montgomery! Stop!' Justin held me back so I wouldn't try and stop them. 'Let me go.'
'Sorry Y/n, I can't.' He started laughing. Monty was now on top of Alex, throwing tired punches in his face.

After about 2 minutes, Porter finally came running to pull Monty off of Alex.
'Stop! I said stop it!' He yelled.
'Alright, alright!' Monty said, brushing Porter off him.
'What the hell is going on?'
'He started it!' Is he really that childish?
'Yeah? So what are you doing?'
'Finishing it.' Monty chuckled, obviously proud of himself. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. I pushed Justin out the way and walked over to Alex, who layed helpless on the ground.
'Everybody, go to class! You too Miss Baker!' I stood up, gave Monty the biggest death stare and followed Jess to PE.

-----time jump-----

The Student Honour Board held a meeting to judge the consequences of the fight. I took my usual place next to Sheri.
'Hey..' She said, smiling. I just ignored her.
'Y/n.. I-'
'I don't wanna hear it.' I cut her off.

'Okay, so this emergency meeting of the Honour Board is called to order!' Marcus came in and took the head chair. 'Marcus Cole presiding. Courtney Crimsen recording secretary. All members present. Petitioners, please state your names.' Silence.
'That's you guys.' Monty and Alex both said their names at the same time.

'Ok, so Montgomery this case seems pretty straight forward. You were the one driving.'
'So?' Monty scoffed.
'So, the pedestrian has the right of way.'
'And that is the law.' Courtney followed. I rolled my eyes.
'And you were walking when he almost hit you?' Marcus asked Alex.
'Wasn't just me, Heroji Pratt, Jin-Seo Yoon, Chase Parker, I don't know. They were all there.'
'You're the one that acted like a fucking psycho.'
'Shut up Montgomery!' I yelled.
'Hey, watch the language!' Porter said.

'And you were reckless driving.' Courtney added.
'Yeah, you could've killed somebody. It's our job to protect the students of this school.' Alex scoffs.
'To protect the students at this school?'
'Yes Alex,' Marcus defended.

Everyone kept on rambling about what they should do to deal with the situation. I wasn't really listening. I looked over at Clay and saw that he was drawing pictures of bunnies. He used to draw them for Hannah.

'It didn't just happen. I mean maybe I was driving a little too fast-'
'Yeah so it's Montgomery's fault, case closed.' I finally said. Everyone just stared at me.
'That's not what I said. Alex lost his shit.'
'Maybe you should own up to your shit!' I argued.
'What's that supposed to mean?'
'It means what it means.' I dropped my head and looked at my paper.

'Yeah I lost my shit, it's my fault!'
'Goddamn it, hey! Watch your language!'
'I'm taking some fucking responsiblity. Since you guys can't.'
'If Alex says it was his fault-'
'Doesn't matter what Alex says..'
'But it was his fault!' Monty argued.
'No it's your fault!' I yelled.
'It's not his fault..' Alex defended.
'Maybe it's all your faults.' Clay said.

We all looked at him. I weakly smiled.
'I mean, did that ever occur to any of you?' He just stared down at his paper. I knew that he was talking about Hannah. He was right. It was all our faults.

-----time jump-----

'Montgomery, it is the decision of the Honour Board that you are to be suspended from Liberty High School for three consecutive school days. Starting tomorrow.' He scoffed and looked at me for support. I did feel bad but he shouldn't of 'finished' the fight.
'That's fucking bullshit!' He yelled.
'That is fucking bullshit.' Alex agreed.
'Alright! That is enough or you both are gone!' Porter had had enough.
'And um.. you Alex, you're gonna be let off with a warning.'
'Oh come on!' Monty complained.
'What?!'
'With a warning this time.'
'Fucking hippocrates.' Alex stormed out.

-----time jump-----

'Montgomery! What the fuck was the whole fight about anyway?!' I walked up to him.
'I don't know Y/n ok? Just piss off. I got suspended like you wanted.'
'I didn't want you to be suspended. I just wanted you to get blamed. I told them that you should just get let off with a warning like Alex but they said no because of your history with fights.'
'Why the fuck did you want me to get blamed?! I haven't done shit to you. Fuck Y/n, I still love you. I'm still crazy about you. I hate seeing you with Scott or Clay or Alex.'
'I know but... shit's happened. We can't be together.'
'Why not? Y/n I know you still love me. And I told you I love you.' He takes my hand and holds it tight. Tears fall down my face.
'We just can't be..'