The Angel Part 2

"I think we've lost them" Warren, the newfound ally of the group spoke as he touched down on the roof of a high building, placing Kurt down moments before.

"I hope so" (y/n) replied as he landed beside Warren. He landed Kitty in front of him but she stumbled into his arms, prompting him to help her straighten out. "You okay?"

"Yeah" she nodded quickly. "Just never been that high up before... without an airplane that is" she looked a bit sick but she soldiered through it.

Billy continued to float before them as he watched for any sign of anyone. "We should make sure we're right before we call the Professor"

"Or we could go our separate ways" Warren spoke causing everyone to turn to him. "I'm grateful for everything you've done but they're after me, not you"

"You've been captured before, who's to say they won't capture you again?" Kitty asked as she crossed her arms. "Especially if you're alone"

"So what are you suggesting? We just travel together, on the run until they give up on finding us?" Warren asked as he crossed his arms.

"We go to a school for mutants, they wouldn't dare try to get you back from there. They'd have a super powered riot on their hands" (y/n) replied with a shrug. "Not to mention we could make it much harder for them to find you"

"I don't need to go to your school" Warren waved the idea off. "No offense" he quickly added on. "There are ways to hide from the government. Always have been"

The students each looked at each other before (y/n) spoke up again. "Not for mutants. Not anymore" he spoke as he used his powers to pull over a random piece of metal. The metal quickly morphed into the image of a sentinel. "The government has these robots. They were experimental but... well they think they're close to perfecting their design"

"Wait what?" Kitty quickly asked as everyone else except Billy also gave their confused questions.

"They're ramping up production and soon enough they'll be using them to track down any mutants the government deems criminals, those that aren't properly hidden that is" (y/n) spoke before quickly crushing the metal man into a blob and throwing it to the side. "We can't make you come with us, but it would be in your own best interest and I promise you can still help people, maybe not like how you've been trying now but in ways just as important"

Warren stared at the boy for a moment before nodding. "Alright, I'm in"

"Great" Kitty slowly nodded before turning to (y/n). "Come with me" she quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the group. "What was all that about?"

"It's the truth" (y/n) spoke as he looked at Kitty. "He deserved to know what he's in for"

"How come you've heard about this and we haven't?" Kitty asked as she motioned to herself and the team who were just out of earshot.

"I assumed you had... I know Billy has" (y/n) spoke slowly. "Perhaps the Professor doesn't want to cause any alarm?"

"So who told you?" Kitty asked as she removed her hand from the boys arm and crossed her own.

"Perks of having a grandfather who doesn't trust the humans I suppose" (y/n) spoke as he crossed his own arms. "He likes to keep our family a step ahead of them"

"Right" Kitty slowly nodded. "We'll talk about this more after the mission" she uncrossed her arms and pat the boy on the shoulder before walking over to the team.

"Why does it feel like I'm in trouble? I didn't do anything" (Y/n) mumbled to himself before following along.

"Alright" Kitty spoke as she reached the team again. "Here's the plan. We're going to split up, and no taking to the sky, they'll be expecting that. Billy, disguise us"

Billy nodded before quickly performing a spell. "We still look like us" Warren spoke as he glanced around.

"Only we see us this way" Billy quickly replied. "To everyone else I look like a blonde girl, you look like a black man, Kurt looks like a Latina, and (y/n) and Kitty look like an old married couple" he let out a small laugh at that last one as (y/n) rolled his eyes but silently enjoyed it.

"Alright then" Warren nodded slowly. "Whatever you say"

"Thanks Billy" Kitty smiled at the boy. "Here are the groups, Warren you're with Kurt, he'll lead you where you need to be. Billy you're alone, sorry" the boy shrugged. "And since we're apparently an old Jewish married couple now I'll go with (y/n)"

"Sounds wonderful my dear" (y/n) spoke as he offered her his arm which she quickly linked her own with. "Gotta keep up with appearances"

"About fifty percent of marriages end with divorce and a large percent also end with resentment. Would it not make more sense for you two to pretend to hate each other?" Kurt asked which caused Angel to laugh.

"Kurt we're a  Jewish married couple" (y/n) spoke as he threw him a glare. "The old ones aren't to accepting of divorce and even if they do resent each other they know how to hide it. Understood?" The elf nodded and the boy stopped glaring.

"Let's just say we're happy" Kitty spoke as she used her free hand to rub her head which was beginning to hurt. "Shall we go?"

"Indeed we shall my dear" (y/n) and Kitty turned and walked towards the staircase that would lean down from the roof.

—————————————————————

Everyone took their time getting to the jet, spending a lot of time making sure that if anyone was following them they were lost.

Kitty and (y/n) were silent most of the time as they walked arm in arm. It's not that they didn't want to talk but they also didn't want any people who could be following them overhearing their conversation.

An hour later they had made it to the jet, half an hour later everyone was there. Warren was introduced to the professor and they had taken off.

There was still tension in the air caused by what (y/n) had told Warren but he knew that would fade eventually.

Word count: 1070

(Thoughts on the characters so far?)