𝟒𝟖. 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲

Start from the beginning

"bye, i love you."

"i love you too." she spat out quickly and annoyed as she hung up the phone.

i wasn't giving him attitude, right? he was just being, i don't know, trea?

there was nothing vanessa hated more than being rude to trea. she knew it'd always come back to get her at some point. it was less about her being rude, more so about him not even deserving it. she shook it off as best as she could.

vanessa arrived at the greenhouse not to far from her house.

as she walked in she scanned the area quickly, making sure no one would notice her but the employees who saw her just about every week.

she picked up a few pots of daylilies that matched the rest of her garden.

she grabbed one of their hand picked bouquets for trea. she always loved seeing them in the store, but she never got one because they were so expensive. although they were some of the most beautiful flowers she'd ever seen.

after she got her flowers, she stopped at starbucks and grabbed herself a coffee and one for trea.

she felt bad for giving him attitude earlier, so she figured he'd forgive her if he at least got a coffee and some flowers out of it.

she called him back.

"hi."

"well hello my love."

"are you home right now?"

"i am."

"okay. i have an apology gift for being mean."

he laughed, "it's okay ness."

"nope i already got it. i'm on my way over."

"okay, i'll see you soon then."

"i love you."

"i love you more."

she curled her left leg up on the car door because she "couldn't s drive any other way" as she would always say.

by the time she got to trea's house, her starbucks was already gone. she had to control herself not to drink his.

she grabbed his things and went inside to find him making lunch in the kitchen.

"hi," vanessa said with a smile. in one hand was a coffee and in her other arm was the flowers she'd bought him.

he turned around to see her gentle green eyes immediately meeting is. "this is for you." she spoke softly and held out the items in her hand.

he said nothing and took them from her, then placed them on the counter behind him. he pulled her into his embrace and held her there.

"i love you." she muttered into his shoulder.

"i love you so much." he said with his head muffled in his hair.