Intro To You

It was 11:15 as I sat in my required Health class. I had put off for so long but I was a senior now and I needed this credit to graduate from High School.
I can't believe I have to take this class with a bunch of freshmen, this is going to be hell. I watched as they came pouring in, four or five in a group talking about senseless things that didn't matter.

"OMG did you see what Lisa was wearing those skinny jeans made her ass look huge." That would be Kim, Ms. Social Butterfly who was one of Lisa's' best friends until her back was turned.

"Should we tell her?" Asked the other girl talking to her, her name was Nancy and she was one of Kim's' followers.

"No, we're not her mother she should know what looks good and what doesn't." Ah, yes true friendship at its best.

"Hey, Tommy great game on Friday you were really good." Tommy, what could I say about him? Captain of the basketball team Mr. Popular loved by everyone well almost everyone.

"Hey, so you guys saw the game g...." I stopped listening after that.

Health Class was being taught by Coach Peters who was the Basketball coach but all around he was a good person.

"Alright alright everyone take a seat and shut up." Obviously, I took up residence in the back of the classroom I had no problem in the back away from people being unnoticed was how I preferred things. I had been rummaging through my bag when somebody flopped into the empty seat next to me when I turned to see who it was. Tommy was staring at me with this huge smile.

"Hey, Jinx." That surprised the hell out of me, he knew who I was.

"Umm hey." I said looking in my bag.

"So did you see the game on Friday?" Oh god, I really hope he wasn't trying to make small talk.

"Not trying to be mean but do you really think I'd watched the game?"

"Uh no, I guess not." He said with a laugh in his voice, scratching the back of his neck.

"Alright listen up class I hope you guys are adult enough because this week we're going to be learning about human reproduction, so let's get your giggles out now because I don't want to hear it later." Coach Peters said passing out packets.

"Oh and just so you know you will be working with a partner for the semester so you should probably pick yours now." Great I hated working with a partner mostly because I was the last choice and even then, I wasn't their choice they were stuck with me.

"So Jinx listen I know you don't want to but I really don't want to work with Kim she's a little too..."

"Fake," I said interrupting him.

"Yeah, do me a favor and be my partner?"

"I don't know, I don't want to carry your ass you do half the work no slacking and I guess it'll be okay."

" Deal, oh shit here she comes."

"Tommy so I was thinking...."

"Oh did you hurt yourself?" I said interrupting her making Tommy laugh.

"Anyways I'm letting you be my partner." I bet her ego was out of this world.

"Uh ...um I ..." Wow, he was actually at a loss for words.

"That's really sweet of you Kim but we're partners so why don't you go volunteer yourself to someone else." I know I was being mean but I had my reasons, which I'm not going to talk about.

"Why don't you let him talk for himself?" Kim said in a smug tone.

"Jinx is right, we're partners soo...yeah but hey thanks for considering me." As soon as the words came out, she turned and left.