Serene

Soojung tossed her keys on the coffee table right after arriving home and despite it being five minutes before midnight, she never felt tired at all. She could accept sleep or not sleep at all, and either would be fine. However, the first thing she did as she sat down the couch was take her shoes off, twisting her ankles slightly after to relieve the pain.

"My feet are killing me." She mumbled, placing the shoes by the foot of the coffee table.

Lay followed behind her and closed the door, taking the coat of his tux off and hanging it on his shoulder. Soojung stretched her arms up and stood, walking a few times on her bare feet to ease the hurt muscles.

"You okay?" Lay asked with a small smile.

"Yeah, fine, just... foot cramps." She laughed awkwardly and continued walking back and forth.

Quietly, Lay placed his coat on the coffee table next to her keys and blocked her way, grabbing her by the arms before pulling her gently to the couch so she could sit again. Soojung didn't question it at all but she was a bit confused, until he slumped on the floor in front of her and worked his fingers on her feet, pressing and slowly massaging. She smiled and Lay focused on what he was doing, easing her hurt feet from wearing those shoes all day.

"You're good at this." Soojung uttered and Lay nodded. "Feels fantastic."

"I had a lot of practice at home." He replied and glanced at her for a second with a smile. "Tired?"

"Not really." She shook her head. "It's so weird. We're supposed to be exhausted, but I feel like I can still stay up all night."

"Today is a great day."

"It is."

After a few minutes, Lay placed Soojung's feet flat on the floor and stood up, dusting his slacks. He leaned down and kissed her cheek, before picking his coat up and hanging it on his shoulder again. Lay walked towards the door and Soojung followed, suddenly having the urge to hug him from the back and a bit inquisitive as to why days weren't longer and there just weren't enough hours for good moments to last.

He opened the door and turned to her before leaving completely, cupping her face and giving her a long, sweet kiss that made her insides melt. Lay spun on his heel without a word, for goodbyes weren't their thing and hellos were always happier, but Soojung reached out to grab on his arm and held him back.

Lay turned around with a questioning look and she smiled slightly. "Can you stay for a few more minutes?"

"Why?" He asked, although something told her that he was thankful for that request.

"Please?" She asked, ignoring his question. And so, having the same thoughts, Lay walked right back into her apartment and Soojung went straight to the kitchen to get him something to drink, because he had been driving for hours without stopping and being hospitable was the least she could do to thank him.

When she stepped into the lounge again, his coat was on the armrest and he was leaning back, eyes closed while he fiddled with the knot of his tie, loosening it a little bit. Soojung placed a glass of soda in front of him and turned, going towards her bedroom so she could change into more comfortable clothes.

She stood next to her closet and took the bobby pins pinning her hair up, running her fingers through and turning it back to the mess it always was, which she loved so much. Soojung's room was better than it looked before break, a shirt or two lying at the foot of the bed but other than that, the rest of the place was clean. She had so much free time that she had learned how to take care of her apartment but sure enough, it would become the pigsty that it previously was when they go back to school again.