"Well, when we capture Jace, we'll give him hell."

Stefano nodded before sending the message to his associates.

Sierra's POV:

When I woke up, it seemed like I was in a vehicle. Based on the nausea I was feeling, I might've been a plane. It didn't really matter what vehicle I was on though, since my primary goal was to not draw any attention to myself. 

Sensing that someone was approaching me, I closed my eyes and tried to appear unconscious. Given that I lived with my mother for quite some time, I knew how to deal with these types of situations. 

"Did the bitch wake up yet?" an unknown voice asked.

"No, not yet." another unknown voice replied. 

"Where's Jace by the way? Boss won't be happy to know that the man responsible for bringing the girl isn't with us."

"Last I heard, he needed to stay back in the United States to make himself less suspicious."

What a fucking idiot, I thought. Though I haven't known my brothers for long, I knew they at least had some level of intelligence. I'd like to think that they would've at least suspected Jace of having something to do with my disappearance. In that case, it would've been better for Jace to come along. Yet, I wasn't complaining. That son of a bitch deserved whatever came to him.

"Pathetic. At least we don't have to deal with his annoying ass. I wonder if he's even aware that no one in the Russian mafia actually likes him."

"Exactly, we just tricked him into betraying his own mafia. It's not our fault though. It's his fault for being so easily manipulated. That loser."

At least we agreed on something, I thought before genuinely falling asleep.

* * *

"Wake up, bitch," I heard one of the men say while the other violently shook me.

"Where am I?"

"That doesn't concern you," snarled one of the men. Oh great, I was in a dungeon-resembling room. Actually, now thinking about it, I was probably in Russia.

"It doesn't matter anyways. Just keep quiet and stay here. Boss will be with you shortly."

I really didn't feel like meeting the boss, whoever they were, but I had to comply with the men's demands if I wanted to survive.

A lot of time passed before I heard footsteps. Out of all people I thought could be the boss, seeing this person somewhat came as a shock.

"Well if it isn't the brat," smirked Ashley. Ugh, seriously? Couldn't Stefano kill her or something? Considering that my brothers were in the mafia, I'm pretty sure that the Russian mafia was an enemy. 

"What are you doing here? Did you run off to Russia to make more people's lives miserable?" I probabably shouldn't have said that, but I was still pissed from our last encounter.

"I only spoke the truth the last time we met. It's not my fault that you're so sensitive. You and your brothers are all entitled and pieces of shit."

"Okay, but why did you date Stefano if you didn't like him? Aren't you guys supposed to be enemies?"

"You dumbass, he didn't even know who I was. I knew that he was the leader of the American mafia, but he had no idea that I was the leader of the Russian mafia. I'll tell you Sierra, men are clueless and dumb. As far as I'm concerned, he was only attracted to me for my looks."

"Where's Jace? He was responsible for bringing me here, wasn't he?" I obviously knew that Jace was still in the United States, but I had to play dumb if I wanted any chance at extracting miscellaneous information from Ashley.

"Oh that guy. He was so stupid. I didn't even have to try to get him to betray your family. All he wanted was to date you, so I told him that if he brought you to me, the two of you would end up together. What he doesn't know though, is that was a lie."

"What do you mean that was a lie?"

"I mean that he's going to be killed. He's already served his purpose, so there's really no need to keep him around anymore. You should get rid of things that have no meaning. Besides, I'm sure your brothers will get to him if my men haven't already."

"What's going to happen to me?" Ugh, that was a stupid question. I already knew what was going to happen if I couldn't escape in time -- I was going to die, either by being a prisoner or by being granted an instant death. I preferred the latter. 

"I'm glad you asked because you're going to be sent to a much better place than this," Ashley menacingly grinned before grabbing my wrist, dragging me down a dim hallway, and pushing me into one of the rooms.

After pushing me into the room, Ashley closed the door, leaving me alone. With that, I looked around the room, hoping that my surroundings weren't all that bad. To my surprise, at least there was a toilet and a semi-functional sink. 

My eyes further scanned the room until I noticed that a middle-aged man, no older than 60, was sitting on the ground with his back turned to me.

"Uh, hello" I said, as I walked towards the man. "I guess we're going to be roommates. Nice to meet you?"

"Who are you?" gruffed the man, who turned to make eye contact with me. He seemed as if he went a couple of days without water. "The Russians don't normally group prisoners together. They're afraid that there'll be a revolt."

"My name's Sierra. Sierra Rossi. What's your name?" Something flashed in the man's eyes before he composed himself.

"My name is Michael Rossi. Or in other words, your long-lost dad."