005

CHAP3R 05
EVANI DAVIS
____________________________________

EVANI WALKED UP the school steps with tatum. the girl could not stop thinking about casey. she was terrified that whoever had killed her would come back.

she was wearing simple black jeans, a purple shirt with thousands of tiny little flowers on it, and her black Jean jacket.

"can you believe this shit?" Tatum asked accidentally scaring sidney.

the brunette gasped, "Tatum. what is going on?" she asked looking at all the news reporters.

"you don't know?" Tatum asked wrapping an arm around evanis shoulder to give her some kind of comfort.

"casey and steve. casey becker and steve were killed last night." she mumbled to sidney. Tatum looking at her in sympathy.

"What? No way!" Sidney yelled.

"and we're not just talking killed, we're talking splatter movie killed, ripped open from end to end." the blonde said insensitivity, "evani was there."

Evani slapped a hand over her mouth, not because she was going to cry, but she because felt like she was going to puke.

sidney smiled sadly at the strawberry blonde, "casey, casey becker, she sits nexts to me in english!" she told the two.

"not anymore." Tatum said unwrapping her arm around evanis. "so sad, her mom and dad found her hanging from a tree, her insides on the outside."

although she was wrong; evani had found her. caseys parents had heard the scream, and the police managed to show up directly after, an hour after casey had called, when she was still alive.

"oh my god!" sidney gasped. "evani, I'm so sorry."

"it's okay." she said ducking her head down as she teared up.

"do they know who did it?" sidney then asked looking back and fourth between the two.

"they're clueless." evani sighed, "they're interrogating students and staff members." she told them playing with her fingers just like she had told Stu to do.

"hey, I gotta go. I'll see you two later." tatum said already walking away to some dark skin guy that was waiting, his names Ray.

sidney placed her hand on her friends arm, "are you okay?" she asked.

evani smiled at her gratefully, the action causing sidney look down at her lips, "im okay." she lied. she was going to be okay eventually.

EVANI WALKED INTO the classroom, a lot of the class full already. "miss kane." Mr mole smiled pulling the girl to the door frame.

"I heard you were there, are you okay sweetie?" he questioned placing his hand on her bicep.

she looked up, a frown on her face. she cleared her throat, "yeah, I'm fine." she tried to smile. He was only making her feel uncomfortable.

"if you need to talk or need anything, anything at all, I'm here, okay?" he squeezed her bicep sending chills through her. and she didn't like it.

she flashed a fake smile at him again, this time it was more of a grimace.

he grinned at her, his yellow and chipped teeth showing more clearly. squeezing her arm even tighter. her eyes widened at the amount of pressure and he lightly pushed her in the class.

she stumbled as she rushed to take her seat and even though billy never sat beside her in this class, he decided to today.

he glared at her while she sat down. her face becoming pink at the attention, and it wasn't good attention.

She wondered if he was glaring at her from the morning in her bedroom, or maybe he decided he didn't like her.

she looked at him hesitantly, and offered him a small smile. his eyes immediately softened.

"are you okay?" he leaned forward glancing at the small cut above her eyebrow.

he was glaring at the cut, the mistake, stu's mistake, his mistake. he should have remembered she would be there. She just told him they were going to her house the morning before.

she nodded shakily looking back to the teacher as he stared at her for another minute before finally looking forward.

BILLY LAID WITH Sidney between his legs, hers crossed. stu was seated beside the two and there was tatum next to him, grapes in between them. Randy next to her playing around with his glasses. all on the fountain.

"hey eve!" stu grinned at the girl when she walked over. billy quickly sitting up.

he moved closer to sidney so she could sit beside him. she plopped down stress written all over her face.

so she did what she always did when she was stressed. eat skittles. she took the small pack out of her pocket, "hey stu. hey guys." she said back less cheery then usual.

he wrapped his arm around her waist pulling the girl into his side. she tossed a few skittles into her mouth.

"hey, eve. can I get some?" billy asked.

everyone looked at him when he asked, they had never seen him ask evani for skittles, they've never even seen him eat skittles. honestly, evani thought of that guy, casey's killer.

she nodded dumping some in his outstretched hand, he grinned at her.

"thanks, doll." he said. but evani was to stressed to even think about what he had just called her. she didn't even notice the panicked looks on both billy and Stu's face as they waited for her to say anything.

they were greatful she didn't. but Randy seemed to have something to say.