26✓ Hell break...Loses

"Mih stress out!" I cried out in class.

"Miss Petty." Miss Campbell laughs. "You've been doing so well in maths and that's why you've been placed in my again class this year."

"Miss a mih bredda did a help mih but him get rich and switch."

"Oh. MacKari from Cornwall?" She inquired as she cleaned the board. His name came up a lot and for that the attention was on us, on me.

"Yes miss. Mih affi deh bribe him fih get the likkle help and mih know if him nuh help mih again wid the maths mih naw pass the CXC doe."

"Bribe him how?"

"Food miss." I said making the class laugh.

"It's expected, Ailani. You can cook quite well so you have to bribe him more then. I don't want you or anyone else failing."

Miss Campbell is like everyone's mother at school and not only does she teach math, but substitute as a foods teacher.

After school classes were getting to my head as well as the current situation as home. As one issue is solved, another arises and we really don't want any more. We're finally getting to that point in our lives where we deserve to be happy and comfortable.

It was around five already so I followed everyone and starts packing up.

"Ailani. Help me bring these to the car, please." Miss says so I went over.

Though I didn't have the privilege of getting a high position. I guess because of my complexion. I satisfied with being a prefect, class monitor and the treasurer of the 4H club.

We went down to her car while I help her put the books in.

"You've been distant lately. Really distracted and have been zoning out in the middle of class. Something that never happens. Is everything okay?"

"I've really been trying to say focus but there's a lot going on. You know that I could barely afford certain things up until March. Life got better but recently there had been some issues and I'm worried. I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen as everyone in my family has there's. I feel like it's going to be mine soon."

"God forbids, that won't happen. You need to have faith that it won't. Don't let the devil hear you. Think positive Ailani and pray. Praying helps and I will keep you in my prayers. Talk to your sister today. Let her know what's going on so you both can figure out something together. I won't keep you here any later. I'm only a call away if you need anything."

"Thanks miss." I returned the hug she gave me.

"Anything." She smiles, getting in so I checked my phone to see a message from Rushard telling me he's on his way.

I usually stayed by the gate but I found myself walking down the hill when I saw a woman approaching me.

Someone familiar, that I was shocked to see her for a hot second. There was no way I wasn't telling someone so I quickly sent a text to Navy.

"Wah ya duh here?" I asked, holding the pepper spray close.

"Where is mih daughter?"

"Ask who yuh send har dung yah tu." I told my Aunt Lucinda.

She looks so different than the last time I saw her.

Nuh wonder why Reneal did look suh. Aunty look bleach out, old and tuff. Like the night drew at the late parties shi going to mek shi look like duppy. Shi mih stay good at all. Mih feel disgusted and embarrassed fih even deh chat tu har.