【 2 2 】

I was never the athletic type

I was never the athletic type. Back in school, I used to skip everything that included more than running in a straight line. Hell, I used to start walking towards the ending.

Even after entering college nothing changed, no maybe I got lazier. Walking took a toll on me, I could never work out for more than three days straight.

Well that used to be the case until I got into this body. I don't know how many stairs we have climbed by now or how many hallways we have passed. I lost the count.

But despite all that walking I have yet to break out a sweat. Truly unbelievable. I am glad the original owner took great care of this body. If this continues I might just take part in the Olympics.

"I hope you are not tired Irina."

I was snapped out of my daydreams by the strained voice of the boy next to me. He was a little out of breath and his steps seem to be out of place.

"I am not tired but I can't say the same for you. Do you need to take a break?"

"No no I am fine, I am just a little thirsty"

"Do you have water in the clubroom? You might be able to quench your thirst then."

"I hope so"

"TADAAAAAA!!"

"TADAAAAAA!!"

"So this is the broadcasting club"

"No this is the newspaper club, the broadcasting club is at the end of the hallway"

"oh"

While Ren was busy looking for the things he came for, I looked around the room taking in everything.

Back where I used to live, we didn't have stuff like this in our school, so needless to say it was pretty fascinating for me.

All the shelves in the room were filled with papers, presumably articles and old newspapers.Three photocopy machines in the corner and a big whiteboard in the centre, stuck with sticky notes

I was still scanning the room, when my attention was captured by a loud bang. I looked behind only to find Ren kneeling with one knee on the ground and his had gripping on the collar of his shirt.

"Are you okay Ren?! What happened?!!" He didn't reply.

He was breathing heavily and sweat was forming on his forehead. I could see the veins popping on the hand which was gripping the collar.

"Hey Ren-"

I extended my arm to reach for him,but I was roughly slapped away by him.

"tay .ay"

"what?" his voice was too low and shallow for me to hear clearly

"st..way"

I can't hear you, speak louder I moved a little closer to him

"I said-"

This time his voice was louder and boorish.

Getting up, Ren pushed me aside and quickly ran outside the door.

"What the hell was that?"

I went towards the door and looked outside and sure enough he wasn't in sight anymore.

Hearing the bell ring I made my way outside. The scene with Ren never left my mind. The way he acted and spoke was very strange. I tried to dismiss the incident as something that might be either trauma or medicinal related.

But one other thought kept bugging me in the back of my head.

'What if he is not human?'

Breaking away from my thoughts, I glanced around just to find myself in an unknown part of school.

I wasn't that bad at directions, I had made sure to follow the exact same path by which Ren took me, but since I was too engrossed in my thoughts, I had lost the surroundings and ended up here.

Since there was no way of tracing my steps back I decided to find the most nearby stairs and go to the ground floor.

Walking, I stared outside the windows beside me. All I could see was an empty school ground and a road opposite it. I was going to turn away when something caught my eye.

A figure was running towards the schoolgate. Since it was a little dark it was harder to see who exactly it was, but once I got a clearer look, I realised who it was.

"No way Sayuri??"

I walked faster to get a clearer look from a better window. My eyes were still fixated on the figure trying to see if it was really Sayuri.

Too engrossed, I didn't look in front and suddenly came crashing down on the floor after my leg got tangled in something.

"Ouch!"

I was able to break my fall with my palms but my knees had a direct contact with the floor.My palms were stinging and I couldn't move my knees because of how much they were paining. I kept grumbling in the same position, not moving an inch, when my complaining was cut of by a voice.

"How noisy"