NINE

NINE

"I bring some breakfast for you."

Mick Schumacher smiled as he walked in to the design studio of his best friend, Lennox Knight, for the first time whilst carrying a small brown paper bag full with different pastry things that he had bought from the bakery opposite the building.

He noticed how she was concentrated solely on what was in front of her on her desk, her hand scribbling away as she drew, as well as also being able to see multiple coffee cups beside her which signalled that she had been awake all night.

As he stood behind her, his eyes fell upon the sketch that she was working on, which was almost finished and he couldn't help but notice what it looked like.

It looked like an outfit for Gina to wear when she was competing with her horses.

The brown paper bag was placed in front of her, but not too close so that it stopped her from sketching, his crystal eyes noticing how her own eyes darted to the bag, and more specifically, his hand, before her pencil was placed down.

"Did Gina send you?"

Her croaky voice sounded, since she had not used it in over twelve hours, which caused it to sound a lot more croaky and rough sounding.

"No, she just told me where you'd be, because I wanted to see you." Mick sat down on the wooden oak floor of her design studio, making sure that he was sat opposite so he could admire her beauty.

"Is something wrong?"

Mick shook his head from side to side with a gentle smile on his face, watching as her eyes darted across his face to look for any signs that something was wrong with him.

"No, Lex. I just missed you, that's all."

The hazel eyes of the Knight girl widened at the words that he had spoken from his soft pink lips, a million thoughts running through her head.

"You missed me?"

Yeah, quite a lot actually." The Schumacher boy grinned as he watched the look of confusion fill her face, her eyebrows pinching together as her lips formed a slight pout which made her look absolutely adorable.

She slowly nodded her head up and down as she tried to understand what it was that he was telling her, before she took a hold of the paper bag that he had brought with him, opening it to see what he had gotten her.

"Oooo, croissant!"

The French-American girl squealed in happiness as she noticed some of her favorite baked goods, grabbing one that she didn't like so that she could pass it to him.

Mick just chuckled to himself and accepted the baked good, ripping it in half so that he could eat it, figuring that she must not have liked it because of its smell that was due to the flavors inside of it.

He noticed that whilst she was chewing on a croissant, that her cheeks puffed out a little bit which made her look funny, but cute. It reminded him of a chipmunk from Alvin and The Chipmunks.

"I have a design that I need a model for, can you help me?"

"Sure."

Mick agreed instantly, since he figured that he could help her whilst he was visiting her studio. He noticed how relaxed she was whilst she was in her studio, figuring that it was her safe place that she could go to and not worry about anything.

Lennox's hands gently grabbed her newest design, walking with it back to the Schumacher boy as he held his hands out to accept it.

It was pink, a sweatshirt and it had long sleeves, with small white splatters on it to make it look slightly distressed. He liked it.