Chapter 6; My old friends!

Start from the beginning

(Probably won't be boring with Hero though but eh ehebhehe) Mari giggles again, this time in a way that concerns Mewo. "-maybe I should buy him.. some medicine..?" hm..? Mari face palms, she should really start paying more attention- If Kel said he needs medicine.. then- Hero must be sick! Oh dear! Poor Hero.. there's an awkward silence between Sunny and Kel, giving Mari enough time to hope that Hero feels better soon.

"No that's a terrible idea" the hell??. Mari stares at him in utter confusion, is he not sick? "I know! You should pick the gift, Sunny!" Kel suddenly exclaims, putting his hand on Sunny's shoulder. Yeah! Yeah.. Mari stands in front of him, startling Sunny a bit.. he wasn't expecting 'it' to be here.. too.. but he's gotten used to it, so he doesn't show any sign of shock.. or acknowledgement.

"Sunny, let's go to a pharmacy and get Hero some medicine." Mari says, in worry for Hero. For Hero, she must get those medicines for him at once! Even if she doesn't know what he's sick with!!

...

Sunny has been staring at some game release  poster for three minutes now.. maybe he has gone brain-dead. Mari however, like a good sister she is, does not notice this and is just focusing on Kel. "Despite how tall he is.. he still looks the same as he did then!" Mari giggles to herself, Kel was looking around, probably trying to find something for Hero. He must've given up, Mari guesses from the face Kel makes. "So um Sunny, what do you think we should get Hero? A CD or something..? They could be selling classical music here for all we know" Kel asks, looking at Sunny.

Mari looks at Sunny too, he seems very indulged in his thoughts. "..Hello? Sunny? You there??" Kel asks, waving his hand in front of Sunny's face. The silence between them is interrupted by the sound of something light hitting the floor. "Woah! A CD fell from behind the poster.. weird.." Kel mumbles, picking up the CD and showing it to Sunny, who has came back down to Earth. It didn't really have a name or picture on it, it's just blank.

"Someone must've hid it behind here.. that does.. kinda mean we can take it.. right?" Kel asks, Mari stares at this. "Well- no we shouldn't do that guys.. we should at least ask the cashier behind the-" Kel hands Sunny the CD as Sunny puts it inside his pocket.. somehow. Oh no. They have become thieves.

Mari panics for a bit before realising that the cashier didn't seem to give a crap despite watching the entire event happen.

..

Sunny and Kel has been walking around for like-- 7 minutes now, trying to find some gift for Hero. But they act as if they don't even know him at all!! Poor Mari stands against a random bookshelf at the back of the store, waiting for something cool or interesting to happen. Her eyes wander from Sunny and Kel, to Mewo on the floor, to the books on the bookshelf. There are some light novels, some books about business, some magazines.. nothing that interests Mari. Well, this IS the adult section.

Her eyes falls on one hard book cover, she turns her head to read the title from its spine.
"PAPA CHIP'S CHIP OF THE OLD BLOCK COOKBOOK"
What a mouthful, but Papa Chip is a really cute name tbh. Just looking at the cookbook reminds her of Hero, how his goal was to be a chef when they grew up hah.. she loved cooking with him.

From the cd rack in the middle of the room, Sunny notices Something looking at a bookshelf. He is interested, but also a bit worried over walking towards it. But he musters up the courage anyways, and walk towards the bookshelf, Something moves behind him upon noticing Sunny. How weird, is all Sunny thinks as he looks at what made Something so interested. Some cookbook..

He pulls it out of the shelf to take a closer look, as Kel suddenly jumpscares him from behind. Sunny shows the book at Kel, he stares at it, mumbling something under his breath. "This.. yes.. THIS IS PERFECT!" Kel exclaims, slightly grabbing the book to his view. "PAPA CHIP'S CHIP OF THE OLD BLOCK COOKBOOK! Wow.. what a mouthful" Kel says, taking his breath as Mari nods in agreement.