Chapter 3; My hobbies!

"LaLalALAlalaLaLA"

Mari yells, playing on her piano. It was exactly 5:00 pm and Sunny had just went off to bed. There was exactly 5 days left, 5 days left till Sunny moves away- and her! She and Sunny moves away..

Sunny didn't really do anything interesting today, he woke up, ate, daydreamed in his room, then went back to bed. Something Mari does not find interesting to watch, as she seen that routine for four years straight back to back! Give her a break..

And because of that, Mari decided to do what she does best. Playing the piano. But this time, she decides to put lyrics into the music she's playing and oh wow..

The contrast of the peaceful melody from the the piano and the words coming out of her mouth is a.. very huge gap. Mari's mom always told her that just because she can play the piano, doesn't mean she'd be good at every other type of music in the genre. And Mari wonders why, because obviously right now she's singing amazing. Even Mewo herself has been quiet and can't take their eyes of Mari!

Mewo has been staring at her for the past few minutes now, it is in utter shock and complete denial right now.

"LaLaLALA.. what else can I sing..", Mari mutters just realising she has been repeating the word 'la' for about an hour already. Mewo is still in utter shock. This was it's master? From how Mari hummed then, Mewo was sure that she was at least OKAY at singing..

"Oh dear, I don't have any ideas- EHem, what about you Mewo? Any ideas?" She turns around, looking at Mewo who had gotten so scared she didn't even dare go near the piano. It takes Mewo a while to find the words it wanted to say.

"Why don't.. we do something else?.." Mewo asks, wishing.. no HOPING her master would understand the situation poor Mewo was in. Mari tilts her head, humming in confusion. "Why? I'm having quite a fun time right now!" Mari says, playing a sweet little melody on the piano.. quietly this time. Mewo wishes that was the same for her singing. "Since.. you've been doing that for a while now- aren't you bored?" Mewo asks, standing up and jumping towards her owner. Settling on her lap. Mari thinks to herself, "yeah.. sure?, I guess I'm getting quite bored" Mari mutters, glancing around. Fingers still playing on the piano.

Mewo takes this as a perfect time to distract her owner, "why don't we go people watching? Yknow-, your favourite?" Mewo suggests, "nah.. we've done that activity for like- four days now.. in a row!" Mari exclaims, she had in fact started doing that activity ever since she became a ghost, or whatever she thinks she is, because she's still in denial over the whole ghost thing.

Mewo thinks quietly to herself, Sunny is sleeping and it is very hard to wake him up once his eyes are closed. But for the sake of her other owner's ears, Mewo must find a way to get Mari to do something else.. Mari hums to herself, thinking lyrics to sing her heart out. She plays the piano, yes. But the melodies coming out of it were never accompanied with lyrics. And Mari never had the chance to write lyrics for her songs, and her most recent one.. perhaps she should write some right now? Impromptu? Yes. She's very good at that-

"Why not just play the piano.. but without the singing?" Mewo suggests yet again, tilting it's head as it settles on the cold wooden floor. "Eh, I don't know.. Singing is quite fun- and.. I've played quietly a lot to not disturb mom and Sunny.." Mari says, and without noticing started playing a little snippet of final duet. A song she wanted to play with Sunny in front of everyone.. but they never got the chance to, Mari can't seem to remember why.. she had worked oh so very hard.. did she catch a fever? Did they not make it on time? So many questions.. but she doesn't have the answers..

Mewo was astonished. From how much she used to rehearse the song, she can practically play it eyes closed! How smart she is! Mari doesn't sing anything, Mewo takes this as victory on its part, but Mari just couldn't think of any lyric ideas. The beautiful melody eases Mewo once again, as she jumps onto  Mari's lap. "But once you get bored, what are we going to do?" Mewo asks, scared that Mari will start singing again. "I don't know, my hands are starting to cramp up anyways.." despite saying this, her hands doesn't come off the pianos keyboard.

"All the stuff I really do these days are play my piano, watching people, watching Sunny, pranking Sunny, and playing with Mewo!" Mari says, giving Mewo a little smile. "Won't you get bored at one point? You've been doing this for four years straight" Mewo asks, looking up at its owner. Mari thinks silently for a bit. "Hmm I guess.." Mari mumbles at she stares straight at the window in front of both of them , the shine of the evening's sun light creeps through the window, shining over them. This can't help but remind Mari of the outside, how she hasn't been out.. ever since she came back! Which was four years ago!!

Mari after a week staying in the house, with no one talking to her and being extremely silent when she gets close to them- she started to get bored obviously. Yet despite being able to hold onto door handles and knobs, and being able to open certain doors, she can never open the front door.. and because of that, she never left the house just like her brother, Sunny. She can't understand why he won't go outside, or even head to school..! Doesn't he miss all the fun they had? Because she does..

How she misses going outside.. and hanging out with the group, Hero.. Kel.. Aubrey.. Basil.., it's been so long since she seen them! "I wonder what they're up to these days.." Mari mumbles to herself, finishing up the song. Putting her hands down, on Mewo. She stares into nothing, as Mewo looks up at her. "Who?" Mewo asks. "Hmm..nothing" Mari mumbles, petting her black cat as she continues staring at the window, mumbling to herself.