Chapter 2; my little brother, Sunny!

Sunny finally wakes up from his deep slumber at exactly 1:26 pm, the next day. There's 6 days more before he moves. He hasn't packed most of his belongings into the boxes his mom had left him, and he had promised himself the night before that he'd try packing them all today so he can rest for the other 5 days. Sunny sighs silently to himself, as he gets up from his bed and walks to the bathroom. He looks at himself in the mirror, the same face he sees everyday. He's starting to get bored by just looking at this face, but what is he going to do? Go outside? He can't. He wouldn't dare.

His gaze moves away from him and towards the thing standing right beside him, Something. This pitch black ghostly like hair thing keeps following him around everywhere, he feels its gaze when he's asleep, when he's eating, when he's even just- doing anything! It creeps him out.. but he doesn't know how to make it go away. It doesn't seem to be hostile, as these days it just follow him around without really doing anything- except for last week, last week Something lunged at him out of nowhere. He got so scared he swore he felt his heart stop for a nanosecond!

But then after that, Something continued following him around as if nothing happened. He can't possibly understand what it wants from him, but if it's not doing anything bad to him.. then he guess it's fine. It gives him a bit of company..

He goes down to eat whatevers in the fridge for his late (by a few hours) breakfast. He wasn't in the mood to eat, but he doesn't really want to die from hunger either. There was steak in the fridge.. his favourite.. but he decides to save it for later. He finds some scraps of yesterday's lunch and decides that that's gonna be his breakfast for today..

As he eats, silently- Something stares at him. This makes him feel uncomfortable as he tries to look at something else for the time being. Looking back up, Something was gone. Something doesn't always follow him around 24/7, thankfully. It always dissapears once Sunny does something that some people would find boring to watch. But he could somewhat understand, watching Sunny eating would be like watching paint dry.. he eats quite slow.

Maybe it can get bored too? How weird. As Sunny continues eating his breakfast,  Mari walks away, with little Mewo on her balancing on her head. She's having fun trying to balance Mewo, almost dropping her on multiple occasions. Mewo doesn't really seem to like the activity, but Mari finds it enjoyable.

Upon finishing breakfast, Sunny starts getting to work. Sunny's mom had told him that there were chores for him to do, and that she'd really appreciate it if he does them- however he DOES have 6 days more, so he decides to leave them for another day. He'd like to focus on one thing at at time! He heads to his room and starts sorting all his stuff in boxes, left by his mom.

He decides not to put away anything on his bed, his sketchbook, his computer (because he can't really understand how to put that heavy thing into a small box), and some plants in their respectful pots, since they were quite heavy. Something had came to watch a few minutes ago, but then got bored and left him alone. Maybe he should keep doing more boring stuff to prevent Something from following him. But alas, there aren't a lot of stuff in his room and he had finished placing almost all the stuff in all those boxes already, he places all the boxes in a corner and walks downstairs to get a cup of water. Despite him literally just placing things into boxes on the wooden floor, he got thirsty..

Walking down the stairs, he sees Something on the floor. As in- FACE DOWN on the floor. It was a weird sight, so he stares a bit as it suddenly starts moving- this startles him and reminds him that he was there to get water. So he leaves. "Master.. what are you doing?" Mewo asks, concern on its face. Its master has been acting weird for these past 2 minutes. She wouldn't get off the floor. "Pushups" "H-huh..?" "I'm doing pushups", those were pushups.. Mewo had thought her master has completely forgotten how to use her legs, and had fallen and couldn't get up. But apparently she was just mentally unstable.

It was a.. depressing sight to see. "Why though?" Mewo asks, despite not having functional hands, with how depressing this was to look at- she'd try anything she could to stop her master. "Don't you think strong woman are pretty?" Mari asks, side glancing her cat- Mewo noticed Mari's ears turning a bit red. Was this about that boy again? Upon finding out Mewo could hear her, Mari would sometimes- non stop ramble about her boyfriend, which she apparently had. It was the boy next door.. what was his name? Hero?

"I don't know.. I'm a cat" Mewo answers, staring at his owner- Her poor owner who thinks exercising would make her.. past boyfriend fall for her even more. She gets up once more before similarly as earlier, falling face first into the cold wooden floor. "Why don't.. you stop for now, you're going to hurt yourself" Mewo mutters, as it jumps onto Mari's head, trying to weight her head down so she stops doing whatever it is she's doing.

"But.." Mari mumbles, she mutters some other stuff, but it's intelligible from the fact she was still laying down on the floor, and her head's still being pressured by Mewo's weight. "Why don't we do something else more fun? You know.. the stuff you like doing.. erm.." Mewo mumbles, as it thinks to itself. Her master likes doing lots of weird things, but if it keeps her master from trying to do a sad excuse of an exercise, then she'll do whatever it takes. "Your brother! Why don't you check up on him?? It's been a while since we seen him!" Mewo exclaims, Mari sits silent for a bit. As her face is still pressed down firmly on the floor, she gets up. Puts Mewo on her head, "that.. that is a GREAT IDEA! LETS GO DISTURB SUNNYY!!" Mari yells, sprinting to whatever direction she thought was right. Mewo suddenly feels very regretful, maybe she should've left her owner doing pushups on the ground.

Sunny places his cup into the somewhat full sink, there wasn't a lot.. so he decides that he'll clean this all up at once tommorow.. or the day after that. Depends on him. As he turns around to head back to his room, Something suddenly appears out of nowhere, and starts sprinting towards him. "!", Sunny, even with no energy left inside him- he knew this was the end.. if he got caught. On complete adrenaline, he sprints the opposite way Something came from, this opposite way ended with him slamming head first into the wall behind him. He falls to the ground, as Mari and a very drained out Mewo stares at him in shock. Mari's big sister mode turns on, and she runs towards her injured little brother. Welp.. not really injured, he didn't look hurt- just in shock.

"Sunny?? Sunny- you okay?" Mari asks, crouching over his head. As expected, when she tried to ruffle his hair, her hand phased though it. Mari sighs at this, yet still- she knows.. she's still not a ghost, she can't be dead! Sunny saw her. That's enough evidence for little old Mari.

Sunny's eyes stare at her, relaxed. It has been a while since she saw her brothers face this relaxed.. other than when he's sleeping, so this does give her quite a shock. "Sunny?", Mari kinda wished she didn't mutter his name yet again as Sunny's relaxed eyes turn into horror as he jumps up and sprints towards his room, locking the door. Mari chases after him, and almost runs into the door. She stops dead in her tracks, staring at the wooden door. Something Mari learnt from these four years was that she couldn't phase through walls or doors, especially locked doors, more evidence that she isn't a ghost-

So right now, she's left standing in front of his door. Hoping for him to come out and talk to her.. with those relaxed eyes that he'd usually give her.. then. Mari sighs, "what has gone wrong?" She mumbles, as Mewo (who had fallen off Mari's head at one point), desperately and tiredly walks up the stairs, towards Mari. Mari notices her, "oh dear- Mewo! Did you fall??" Mari yells, seeming to have not noticed Mewo's disappearance earlier. Mewo sighs to itself, "let's.. let's go people watching instead.." Mewo mutters, who'd rather sitting down peacefully and watching people walk by. Mari smiles at this, and heads to her mom's room, with Mewo in her arms. "Yeah.. let's"