Chapter 5; An unexpected visit!

"There's a cute little dog"

Mari mumbles- looking through the small hole in the wall. The dog was a cute medium- size with tan fur with white patches on his snout and belly. He wears a red collar, Mari finds the dog cute! It's been a while since she seen a dog.. unlike Mewo, it hisses a bit, but Mari petting its small little head makes Mewo feel a bit better.

Mari and Mewo are people watching- once again! This time not with a window- but with a small hole in the wall! Beside the front door. It came out of nowhere! Mari thinks, but it's obvious that maybe the rats had something to do with it.. rats have been starting to pop up more lately, they must've heard they were moving away soon!..  hopefully the new owners of the house won't mind.

The dog raises its hind leg as it pisses on a bush nearby, clear enough for Mari and Mewo to clearly see!!. "Ah.." Mari looks away, as Mewo starts acting up once again. There was 3 days left, 3 days left until Sunny and Mari moves! Well.. hopefully her as well, that's been on her mind for a while- she's a bit worried that they'll leave her, but no way.. they can't possibly forget to bring Mari! But still.. the thoughts worry her.

The dog seemed to have walked away as another guy walks in, but Mari is so engrossed in her thoughts that she doesn't pay attention much to the boy. Probably lost or something.. their house IS at the end of the street after all, who even comes here..?

She could phase though the car! She anxiously thinks, she haven't tried going into a car yet- but there was no need to anyways these past four years- if she does phase though it then they'll leave her! All alone!! At their old house with literally nobody she knows!! They.. that's a possibility- but she can't.. well.. at least she has Mewo.. Mewo wouldn't leave her.. right..? She looks at Mewo in her arms, who is still looking through the hole. The hole is big enough for two pair of eyes to look into! This probably is because one of them is a cat.

"Hey- owner, there's somebody on the lawn" Mewo says, still looking through the hole. This shocks Mari, someone on their lawn? But who? Mari looks through the hole as well, ... Mewo was sorta over-exaggerating a tiny bit. As the boy was not ON the lawn, but in front of it- staring at a sign. A white sign, she has never seen what it said before- but hearing from her mom, it was a 'FOR SALE' sign. Yknow.. cause they're moving away?

He stares at it for a bit, before staring at the house. The boy has tanned skin, wearing an orange tank top and shorts. He had neck lengthed brown hair in a style that reminded Mari of someone. The boy seemed to be in his teens.. perhaps 17? 18?? She can't tell, but he was quite tall.

The boy exchanges glances from the sign to the house, as if he wanted to do something, as if he wanted to SAY something. Mari didn't know what he wanted, but she silently cheered on for him. After a while, he finally starts walking towards the house- surprising Mari and Mewo. It has been a while since anyone had walked towards this house other than their mom. And now some random dude's standing in front of their door! The hole was just beside the door, so once the boy stood in front of the it- Mari nor Mewo could see his face anymore. Just his chest. Mewo and Mari exchange glances with eachother, as they try to read the boys face without being able to even see it. The boy raises his fist to the door as he takes a deep breath

"you can do this, Kel.."

he mumbles to himself, as he knocks- quite loudly. He repeats this action for a bit as Mari is left alone with her thoughts, Kel..? Kel? Kel?? Kel?!? That's Kel?? No way! He's so.. tall!! Kel! It's Kel! Mari starts freaking out not expecting to see one of her and Sunny's old friends. She has to open the door for him- but she can't! She remembers this as her hand phases through the doorknob. Sunny. Sunny! She needs Sunny!

She places Mewo on the ground, as she starts running to find Sunny. The boy was just in front of the staircase, he must've just gone down upon hearing the loud knocks from the door. Mari runs in front of Sunny, startling him- but quickly he keeps his blank expression. "Sunny! Sunny! Kel's at the door! You have to open it!!" Mari exclaims, pointing at the direction the door is. "You have to- you NEED to!" Mari pleads, standing closer to her little brother as she puts both her hands on his shoulder.. well, her hands phase through them so she just holds them above the shoulders to make it look like she holding them. "Do it or I'll eat you. PLEASE SUNNY" Mari cries, Sunny moves away- startled. He did not hear what Mari said, but the sudden closeness made him uncomfortable.. was it going to eat him? Something may not have a mouth, but he's not going to take that chance.

Sunny walks away from Mari, as she stares as Sunny walks into the room with the front door. Is he going to do it? Is he? Is he?? Mari repeatedly thinks as she walks towards the living rooms doorframe as her eyes widen, as her little brother stares quietly at the door. Trying to guess who could be behind it.

"Hello?? Hellllooooooo???"

The boy- Kel. Kel calls, he sounds just like he used to.. but much more lower. Mari couldn't see Sunny's face, but she did notice the sudden jolt he made. "Sunny?? Are you there?" He is! He is!! Mewo stares at Sunny, the door, then walks towards his very excited owner behind the living rooms doorframe. She's practically vibrating in place! "Do you remember me? It's your old friend, Kel!" Mari picks up Mewo, as she stares at the door. He has to open it, Sunny has to! "So I.. uh.. I noticed the 'FOR SALE' sign in front of your house.. and I uh.. heard from my mom that you'd be moving away soon.. so um.. " Kel pauses for a bit. "I was wondering.. if you wanted to hang out again? You know- for old times sake!" He stops, hoping for a reply from Sunny.. at the very least..

Mari is also hoping, hoping her little brother would open the door- please Sunny.. please open the door.. Sunny's right hand slowly holds the doorknob, hesitating before finally creaking it open, slowly.

Mari's eyes widen. He did it. Good job little bro!!

Towering over her little brother, was none other than Kel! The cheery little boy who'd alway lighten up the mood with his bright cheery smile.. four years later, and he still has that same smile. Mari and Mewo exchanges glances as she walks towards the two of them, standing beside Sunny, she's unable to hide her smile- smiling like a complete idiot..

This is where Mari notices.. Kel is.. actually.. very tall. He legit towers over the both of them! Was she really that short?? Sunny was the same height with her, him being a slight few centimeter taller.. she can't tell if that's because of his messy hair or she really has stopped growing.. probably cause of the lack of sun.. sigh.

Sunny fully opens the door, as he takes a few steps in front- and is slightly taken aback by the brightness of the sun. "Whoa! You.. you actually came out!" Kel exclaims excitedly, as Sunny blinks repeatedly, trying to adjust to the sunlight. Haha! What a baby.. Mari thinks, as she makes her way out of the house-

She couldn't see anything for the time being.

Sunny was not over exaggerating, it was really bright- then again.. it was the afternoon. That's Faraway town for you!

"-remember the way right? We used to go ALL the time when we were kids!" Kel says, putting an arm around his buddy. Huh? Where? Mari wasn't paying attention!! She whips her head around, trying to read Sunny and Kel's faces, as if that would tell her where they were going. And what she was most worried about.. would Sunny agree to it? He had to follow.. he opened the door.. wouldn't it be horrible if Sunny finally came out.., only to reject Kel's request and lock himself back into the house?!?

The thought of it even happening gives her shivers.. he better not- Mari was finally face to face with the sky, grass, FRESH AIR. He must not take this feeling away from her.. she will actually try eating him if he did- Sunny nods, as he walks out the house, shutting the door- almost crushing Mari and Mewo with it! How rude!

Kel gives him another very happy smile as he and Sunny starts walking down the sidewalk- "Wait- He's.. WAIT FOR ME SUNNY! WAIT FOR MEEE" Mari yells, running towards the two of them- as if any of them could hear her.