Chapter 1; Mewo!

"Mewo, Mewo. Look.. it's a rat", Mari mumbles as she hides behind her chubby black cat. Mewo!

Mari finds comfort in holding Mewo, as Mewo is the only thing she can really actually hold.. (other than her piano, her bed, the doors and other various things).. and who'd actually talk to her! Unlike her brother.. and mom.. Ever since that encounter with Sunny on that rainy night four years ago, everything became weirdly different.

No one would acknowledge her, she seemed to phase through anything she touched, her dad left- and seemed to have cut down a tree in the backyard, and all their (Sunny and Mari's) friends stopped coming over, the first and last person she saw come up to that door calling for Sunny was Kel... Four years ago. Nobody answered the door, so he left, and she never saw him again. Or Hero, or Aubrey, or Basil. And never once was she mentioned, as if she were a ghost.. but that can't possibly be it. Of course it isn't! She's holding Mewo right now! And that's something a ghost can't do, yeah! And! And, despite the lack of conversation these days between Sunny and Mari, she knows he sees her from the eye contact they'd have every now and then. Whenever that happens, he'd get uncomfortable and start looking stressed out, and even though that concerns Mari a tad.. she can't help but feel a bit relieved when those little moments happen, as she knows she's not dead. Not dead and very alive.

"Meow!" Mewo jumps out of Mari's hands and start chasing the rat, the rat- despite not seeing anything feels a strong presence and starts running the opposite direction into a hole in the wall leading to the front yard, "good riddance!" Mari yells, she feels much better now. She laughs as she looks at her cat and gives it a little pet, "etta girl! You scared that rat so much it ran outside!" Mari praises, giggling over the situation she witnessed.

Mewo purrs under its breath, it really likes being petted, especially from Mari. Mari's silent stress free moment was yet again interrupted- by her mother this time. Her mother has been carrying boxes up and down into that small trunk in her car. What was the reason.. oh yeah! They were moving out! In about... A week if she remembered correctly.. her mom was going to head off to that new house today and for other stuff.., like work. And she'll be leaving Sunny here with her to pack his own stuff and look after the house and the other stuff that are harder to pack into small boxes.

Her mom held the car keys in her hand as she looked at her son, who had came out of his room to say goodbye to his mom for now. She bents down, giving him a little kiss on his forehead, before ruffling up his already messy bed hair. She didn't do anything or say to Mari. Probably because she was standing right behind her, holding onto Mewo. Mari sighs at the sight. She didn't sound sad.. but didn't sound happy either, she missed being touched.

"I'll be gone for a while- but I'll try to come back as soon as possible, so make sure to look after yourself till then, okay, hunny?" Her mom says, as Sunny just nods in reply. Her mom gives a reassuring smile, as she heads out the door, closing it behind her. Mari stares at the now still door, as if it was always closed... Not even a goodbye.. Her gaze locks on Sunny, who starts walking up to his room again.. Mari follows Sunny up until the staircase which leads to the second floor where the bedrooms and bathroom sat. She stares as her silent little brother walks into his room, and slowly closes the door. Must be going to sleep again..

Mari sighs at this sight, he never seemed to do anything other than eating and sleeping. "Is this a phase- is he going through a phase, Mewo?" Mari asks her cat in her arms, Mewo looks up at her with its small white beady eyes. "Probably not. It might have to do something with you.." Mewo says, oh right- Mewo has been talking to her for the past one year! Ever since she was able to start holding her, Mewo seemed to have learnt to talk.. somehow? Mari never really thought much about it, as she finds the company really nice but what Mewo says sometimes aren't really pleasant to her ears.

"Huh? How come?" Mari asks, holding Mewo up to her eye level. Mewo stares at her with the same blank (somewhat tired) expression. "Was it because of the prank I did to him last week? But it was quite funny now.. wasn't it? He got so scared he fell on the floor hehe" Mari giggles, as she remembers that one time she had startled Sunny by jumping in front of him from behind his room door while he was walking out. The expression on his face was as if he had saw a ghost!

"Not that.. but it could be something related.. to your death?" Mewo bluntly says, taking Mari aback. She stares at Mewo for a bit, before bursting into a fit of laughter. "Haha! Silly Mewo, your jokes are so funny!" Mari laughs as she pets her annoyed black cat's head. Mewo always liked to make jokes like this, she didn't seem to understand why her little black cat loved making dark humor jokes- but she doesn't mind, it gets a good laugh out of her!

"Alrighty then, let's go find something to do now! Perhaps we should continue our little people watching show then?" Mari asks, pointing to the left, towards her parents room.. or.. her mom's room.. now. A past time they do when bored; people watching! "Sure.. I guess", Mewo mutters as it is carried by Mari as she heads into the bedroom.

This is an average day for Mari.
And she doesn't really mind it, it's fun when you have company! Company which is her cat, Mewo! She loves Mewo.