Chapter-01

Gabrielle Morgan

Rubbing my sweating hand on my sweatpants covered thighs, I stand up and stretch. I couldn't sleep for the past three hours.

The time is now three twenty five in the morning and school doesn't start until eight fifteen. I have plenty of time before I have to get ready.

I go into my bathroom–half sleep–and just so happen to stub my toe on the side of the door. I bite on my bottom lip to stop a cuss word from coming out so early in the morning.

Does that work? Nope.

"Fuck." I whisper. That motherfucker hurt like a bitch. I hop my way to the toilet and do my business.

When done I wash my hands and walk back out the bathroom and lay down in bed again. I grab my phone from the charger and cut it on.

The brightness from it has me quickly turning it the other way and turning the brightness down.

I don't know how long I was on my phone for until I saw the sun start to rise from my curtain.

I really need to invest in some black out curtains.

6:48am. Is what the top of my phone reads. I roll my eyes and plug my phone up before laying down and throwing the many covers I have over my head.

I'm really not ready to face the obnoxious, smelly, and annoying people that I go to school with. Sometimes I wish I was homeschooled, but then again I know I won't do that work that'll be assigned.

•••

7:40am. I throw the covers off of me and sit up, stretching and yawning before scratching my arm.

I stand up, make my way downstairs to cut the heat on because it's cold, then make my way back upstairs.

I rub the sleep from my eyes while walking inside the bathroom and cutting the sink on. I get every skin care product I use and begin washing my face.

I brush my teeth before getting into the shower and shaving my body of any hair's that grew back in the span of two weeks.

While in the shower, the hotness from the water running down my body makes me wake up a bit more.

After I'm done with everything and I see the mirror getting foggy I get out and wrap a towel around myself. I slide into my black slippers before going to my room.

The first thing I do is dry off my skin, apply my coconut body lotion, then add my black bra set.

I go into my closet and pick out a grey essentials sweatshirt, black cropped vest puffer jacket, black leggings, and grey new balances. 

I put the outfit on before taking my black bonnet off my head to reveal the knotless braids I got done a week ago.

I do my edges before adding any jewelry I find on my vanity table. I put everything together before grabbing my Apple Watch, phone and keys and head downstairs.

I live alone in a two story house that's always quiet. I didn't used to live alone but ever since my dad passed and my mom left me, it's just been me ever since.