CHAPTER 18: MY MISTAKE: PART 2

Start from the beginning

Though she was the one talking practically the whole time, I had half expected her to drop the nice facade and attempt to kill me, which was why I kept silent and refused to let my guard down.

I even bothered rerouting my way home so that she wouldn't know where I lived.

And as much precaution as I took, she never did anything threatening.

It seemed so wrong.

But as I watched her yawn and chuckle at something on her phone, I came to a realization.

Maybe she has nothing to do with this at all...?

Perhaps she was just a common awakened one with no connections, no major family or affiliation.

Perhaps she didn't know right from wrong, dangerous from harmless and merely did things the way she saw fit.

Perhaps when she dashed in front of the doctor and swept the cat away, she thought that it was just an animal in trouble.

Perhaps...

The teacher entered the classroom and ordered everyone to settle into their seats.

The dots in my head finally connected.

.

.

~

KAYDEN'S POV:

~

.

.

Jiwoo was still at school and I was left alone with the three musketeer cats.

All three of which laid sprawled on the floor, asleep and basking in the warm sunlight.

It was tempting to join them. How comfortable and relaxing it looked to just lie there and sleep, warmed by the sun...

My body involuntarily relaxed. And it was then that a thought struck me. What if this was the work of an awakened one!? Maybe somebody has the ability to cast intense fatigue over living beings, and is currently out to assassinate me while I slept? I will not allow this!

The attempt to rile myself up was futile.

Maybe it was because I was already completely conscious of there being no present numen in the area, but my body was only draining itself more of the will to live on.

I've got it... I can just sleep somewhere away from the sun!

That thought was also futile because every drop of blood in my fat body was pulling toward that wonderful sun covered spot on the hard wood floor waiting just for me.

"No... I mustn't..." I collapsed on the floor, my paw involuntarily reaching for the sun.

"I must not give into these animalistic urges...!"

But oh, it was too late. For I was already laying sprawled in the sunlight, heavy eyelids pulling my eyes shut and urging me to rest.

Damn it.

.

.

JIWOO'S POV:

.

.

There was a bounce in my step as I continued my short journey home.

I can't wait to see Kayden and my three adorable kittens again! The thought made me hum in delight.

In the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of something small scurrying about.

I turned and soon spotted the source; a neighborhood cat. This one was white with light gray patches.