Prologue

Path of Redemption 

Prologue

"What is your fucking problem?? Why are you calling me every fucking ten minutes?? Why don't you understand this simple thing that if I am not answering your calls, it means I am busy??? And what is this that you want to talk to me on face call??I am warning you for the last time stop behaving like a typical wife. Maybe it will be your dream to be my wife but I want to achieve many more things in life so free me from every one-hour calls routine." Advay spatted at her rudely without listening to her as soon as she received his face call.

"Now why are you sitting with your head bowed down like a statue??? Tell me what was there that you could not wait" when he saw her bowing her head, he couldn't stop himself.

Today one of his friends was throwing a party and he was about to go there but to his dismay he was making face call to her instead of going there.

Totally wastage of time

She slowly raised her head, her eyes and nose were red, her eyes were teary and swollen and her lips were quavering and she was rubbing her hands against her jeans nervously. Seeing her like this, he also got worried for her for a moment "What happened to you??? Why are you crying??? Everything is fine over there, isn't it??"

She didn't say anything just nodded her head to which he asked her "So why have you made this condition of yours??" This time his voice was a bit soft.

"I'm not feeling well" she mumbled softly while a tear slipped from her eye which she immediately wiped away with her hand.

"What happened???" he asked narrowing his eyes at her giving her his full attention.

He knew that she was a soft-hearted person who could cry on any small thing but today something was different, there was fear in her eyes, he could see very easily.

She looked at him innocently and she told him her problem "I am feeling very dizzy since few days and I also feel like vomiting".

"Oh, it's such a small thing you have scared me. Tell uncle or aunty they will take you to the doctor" Advay sighed thinking it was normal sickness.

She shook her head how could she tell him that it was much bigger than what he was thinking, this was not a normal sickness but a result of what happened between them that night a month ago.

"My period is also 2 weeks late" she whispered to give him a hint as to what was the problem.

"Radhika I am not a doctor so you are telling me your problem. Go to doctor with aunty and consult her" he told her when she told him about her late periods. It's very awkward because they never talked about it.

"I can't go to the doctor with Mumma" she said to which he asked her arching his eyebrow "Why??"

"I can't go" she replied meekly.

Hearing this he lost his temper and shouted "so what do you want me to come there to take you to the doctor"

"Can you really come??" her naive mind had not been able to fathom his taunt.

"Why not, I don't live in America but in your neighbourhood and I have nothing else to do other than entertain your tantrums" sarcasm was dripping from his voice which this time she also noticed and bit her lip to stop the sob that's threatening to come out while shaking her head.

"It's not like that. You...." He cut her off rudely "If it is not so then how is it?? I thought there would be something important but you are behaving like those sick girls who need attention from their man but don't count me in the list of losers. I think that's enough for today, I'm hanging up."