When they arrive it's a rush of handshakes and photos and being shown around the facility. She's grown used to the camera crews that follow her around now, so much so she can envision they're not there all while lingering a second longer in a certain pose she knows will photograph well. It feels false, but if they get what they want here then maybe they won't be so insistent when the kids are around.

Sitting down for the roundtable she inhales the heavy scent of ash that lingers in the air, and looks every adult that's joined her in the eyes. They're all parents who've been helped by the center, all in different situations. Some seem apprehensive to share, worried she'll judge them for their circumstances, but she smiles and softens her eyes and prays they feel safe with her.

"I'm honored to be here with all of you," she starts. Amongst the wary are the tired and the hopeful. The lime green walls and inspirational colorful poster boards contrast so sharply to the atmosphere around the large table. Directly across from her is a young couple, holding hands so tightly the color from their skin drains.

On her one side is a single mother, and in a far corner is a father. A couple on the side is the exact opposite of the one in front of her with as much space between them as possible, and mirroring them is another that looks like they've been dragged in and forced to sit.

The director of the program steps forward with a big smile that reads insincerely. "Her Royal Highness is here to listen to your stories, to spread the word so we can all better help the community."

They all share a look, singlely excluded her and anyone else that lingers around them, and she can't blame them. The area has a reputation for neglect and dysfunctional family units, and she knows from her own family that it's hard to open up your community to help. Especially when so often the help parades around as a savior dripping in glamour, but eventually leaves when the cameras and excitement have died.

"We'd do anything for our kids," the woman across from her hiccups. Her skin is gaunt and tight against her bones, and her breathing controlled as if she's in pain sitting there. "I'm sure you understand that, ma'am."

"I do."

She shares a look with the young man next to her, and it strikes Jaclyn how young they are from the innocently fearful glaze that comes over them. "I've died six times and been brought back to life due to my heart attacks. My daughter takes care of me during the day because he has to work. She knows what to do better than some nurses, and I worry I've stolen her childhood."

"The centre helps," her husband adds, never looking from where his wife has dropped in on herself. Neither of them cry, but it's obvious they're both very tired, and she's trying to hide from the camera creeping in over her shoulder.

Jaclyn stands without thinking, her chair scratching the old wood until it screams, and before she can stop she's rounding the corner of the table towards the camera men. Her smile is poised, sympathetic even, as she places her hand gently on the first ones shoulder. "Have you got any good shots in here yet?" She asks first.

"Um... Two or three." He stutters completely surprised by her sudden appearance at his side, but she keeps her composure. She has a reputation as William's gentle unassuming wife, so when she speaks no one hears the manipulation lying hidden like camouflaged scales in her words. "Excellent, and we still have much to see, but this feels like a very private setting. Don't you think?"

He's stunned, frozen with his camera pointing directly at her. She's also known to be fair with the press. Despite the atrocities they've done to her she's never bad mouthed them, never refused them, and they always get what they want from her.

With round eyes he slowly nods and backs out of the room, calling the other two to join him making it his idea to leave and not hers.

"Well," she huffs with a tease of a laugh, returning to her seat, "That was very brave of you to share, and I know your daughters just happy you're alright and with her."