9| Choice By Its Design

۵

Mixed emotions filled the air as everyone wondered what would happen next. The smoke still levitating from the bullet wound. nobody could believe what was in front of them. Lemon over Simon's dead body. surprise and relief from Tangerine. thinking minutes before, he lost his brother forever. his only brother. not wanting to wait any longer he moved but was abruptly stopped by Lily.

She looked upwards at Tangerine, "wait." she murmured. knowing her bestie would want to have a moment with Lemon first.

he nodded and gave in. putting his gun in his pocket and holding Lily closer.

Mazy couldn't ponder the amount of ecstasy and relief she felt at this moment. as if everything that before passed away y. slowly walking towards him, tears started leaking out her eyes. coming into contact with Lemon, he wrapped his arms around mazy. the pair cradled each other back and forth. she let all her tears out as soon as she was in his embrace.

looking up at him she chokingly asked, "How?"

"Bulletproof vest sweetheart," he answered her.

the pair chuckled and enjoyed the moment.

۵

(back to ch 6)

"babes I've got a feeling somethings gonna happen tonight." Lily shared from the stall.

"w hat kind of feeling?" mazy asked.

"I don't know something feels off."

a few moments of silence passed. Lily addressed her wounds and bruises, Along with Mazy finishing fixing her hair before moving on to fix her makeup. as she was brushing her hair something came to her head.

"I don't know but I have a really stupid thought now." Mazy started with a concerned voice, "What if Lemon and Tangerine start to act like Lucifur and Gaberal?" she hypothesized, starting to worry as well.

"Mazy, that's not going to happen." Lily tried to reassure her.

"what if it does though?" Mazy asked with her voice in a jitter panic. "you know how protective Tangerine is of you, any time you're not near him he gets antsy."

"tangerine is protective of me I'll give you that but they're not gonna be like that."

"That's what we thought of when we met Lucifur and Gaberrial. they were so nice and comforting and it was only a matter of time before we were manipulated. we would've fallen for it if they didn't fess up to us."

"mazy you need to calm down."

"I just don't want to kill them if it comes down to it."

"I don't want to either." Lily agreed. "ok. if anything like that happens at all, we'll leave. we won't even leave a note. will that set your mind at ease?

"yes thank you." mazy answered, calming down.

"We have to convince each other through." Lily brought up.

"of course. together tho."

"together."

۵

As mazy and Lemon rejoyced something came to mind for lily. something she was dreading that would happen. something she would not want to be right about. she pulled away starting to walk over to Mazy but her hand was grabbed by tangerine. giving her a look.

"I'll be fine." she said bluntly pulling away and walking a bit faster.
she didn't want to do this. but it had to be done.

۵