Penitence

Silence filled the hall, and the distance between Tzuyu and Gauthier was a good gap from one another other, but it felt so close. The words Gauthier said punctured her, because for as long as she can remember, the butler has mourned over his daughter. He would always say in grief how his wife and him were expecting a vampire, only for it to magically be a human.

It made so much sense now since how is that even possible? How could that even happen? Tzuyu heard his story so many times, but she never questioned the outcome of his daughter because of how sorrowful the man was.

Was it all a lie? The butler being able to lie for so many years? To her? To the public? He's the sole reason as to why there are society's being open to coexist with humans, like America.

Tzuyu's eyes were wide open, staring at Gauthier like she was seeing a new side of him. For the past few nights, and even now with the whole ordeal that was going on between her and Mina, she was finally showing such a facial expression. She felt her heart thump. This was her butler. Gauthier... the man who has been serving her for many years. How was he able to lie for so long? What else was he lying about?

As if he was able to read Tzuyu's thought, which he probably was since Tzuyu's facial expressions were so obvious, he continued, "My story is not a complete lie... it's just..." Gauthier paused for a bit, trying to find a good way to word it, "Mangled up."

'Mangled up?' Mangled up?! What does that suppose to mean? Gauthier has manipulated his words to what actually happen to appease the public? To make them consider loving a human? It pissed Tzuyu off. Her surprised facial expressions narrowed down to a glare, "The fact that you have to twist your story to get it across to others... doesn't that prove that humans and vampires can not be coexist?"

Gauthier looked down, sadness clouding his vision. He knew Tzuyu would say something like this, "Perhaps." He said softly, his suit feeling like it's too tight on him. He had to continue. No matter what it took, he had to continue - to make Tzuyu understand, "But don't you have something you've also been hiding for years?"

The latter scoffed, crossing her arms and titled her head. Knowing how Gauthier is, as shocking as it is, she is not going to let him play her. She's not going to be fazed by what he has to say, "What do you mean?"

"You loved a human too."

Tzuyu felt her heart stop, and everything shattered around her. So much for not wanting to be fazed, but this is different. So many flashbacks played right in front of her. Remembering, reminiscing on how content she used to be. There was one individual that brought meaning to her lonely life.

Being alone was not something new to Tzuyu. She has been alone for as long as she can remember; her parents being abroad. She questioned if they really were doing business as they stated they were - but she didn't care. Even with Gauthier taking care of her, she always viewed herself to be an independent person. But when that particular human came in her life for a brief moment, she never realized how lonely she really was.

Akane.

Akane was such a heartfelt human. So outgoing and kind to vampires that ruined their world.  Akane shined so brightly in such a gloomy world that the vampires created. So sweet and so charming that she was able to smooth talk to vampires. Asking them to move aside, they would oblige. Asking them to help with, and they would. Tzuyu was no different. How could she not be infactuated with a being with such radiance?

It was amazing how no vampire came through the hall. Even Jihyo was not stepping out of her office, and she can very well hear this. They were just outside of her door, but no one interuppted them. It was just Gauthier and Tzuyu in the hall, in such a tight space. Is this how Mina felt?