CHAPTER FORTY TWO

Start from the beginning

“So what did you want to talk about?”

He dips his chin on my shoulder blade “I have a fashion magazine shoot in Paris and I’d like you to accompany me. We will also extend our stay for a few days. What do you think?”

“Yes yes I say yes let’s go to Paris. I’ve always wanted to go there.” my squeaky tone replies. I almost leap in joy.

“Then why haven’t you?”

“I don’t know. It just seems like a place to visit with the love of your life.” Probably because all the places I want to visit are love induced.

“Hm and have you found him yet?” he teases, his nose nestling my neck.

I sigh happily “Yes and I intend to keep him forever.”

“What a lucky bastard.”

“He is lucky indeed.” I concur.

“I love you princess” he states. “I love you Darelle.” I return.

I shift away from his lap “Anyway I’m having lunch with my dad. Wanna come?” I offer, fixing my locks into a high bun.

“I wish I could but I have a meeting with Thomas.” He says, regrettably.

“Okay call me if anything comes up.” We both share a goodbye kiss before I exit.

I pull up to my dad’s restaurant in ten minutes. Unlike the one Darelle and I dined at on our first date, this one is a cobblestoned, modern high-rise architecture. An impeccably executed combinations of food flavors aromas lure me in.

I approach the blonde hostess by the entrance, “Hi, I’m here for Mr. Bakari?”

A broad smile encompasses her lips “Sure. This way Miss Bakari.” My heels muffledly clink on the patterned carpet. The dining space resembles rarity and elegance, embellished to the last inch with lush wallpapers and paintings of monalisa and the starry night. The décor is minimal but not any less sophisticated.

People mumble lowly as they munch on their food. The hostess leads me to the balcony where I spot my dad perched on one of the dining table for two. The table choice providing a sweeping view of the city.

I take the seat across from him. “Hi dad.”

“Keilee.” The corner of his mouth inches up.

The square table is draped with a mustard yellow cloth which holds different cutlery clustered around a plate.

“You’re early.” I comment.

“I think it would be uncouth of me to arrive late when I’m trying to strengthen our relationship.” He says, slipping his phone into his jacket pocket.

Even on a lunch meeting my father still rocks a crisp black suit. On the side of his table is his signature wolf walking cane next to his black fedora hat.

Soon after the hostess leaves, a waiter clothed in a white button up, black half jacket and black dress pants approaches our table, a guest check pad in hand. “Good afternoon. What can I get you today sir?”

“Devin. A bottle of our finest wine will be great for now.” My dad tells the brown haired man who nods before walking away.

“Was that fear I saw in his eyes?”

“What can I say? I have a reputation to maintain.”

“I can only imagine what working for you feels like. One mishap and you’re fired.”

He shakes his head “No. I’m not that type of boss but they do know better than to screw up.”

Devin comes back with our drink which is of course from Yun wineries and wine glasses. I can swear restaurants don’t serve this fast. But then again I’m sitting with their boss. He takes our orders and leaves.