"O-oh. Hi, hyung." Jisung said, shuffling nervously.

"...hi." Minho mumbled. 

"Can we t--"

"CAKE!" Felix hollered, and everybody stampeded over. Somebody grabbed Minho's hand and he was separated from Jisung. He let himself get pulled away, trying to ignore the growing feeling of sadness in his gut.

After they sang happy birthday to Felix, the birthday boy offered Minho a big piece of cake. "Here, hyung. I don't know if eating cake helps when you're sick, but I swear it tastes great! My sister made it!"

Minho accepted the plate and fork. Just a little bit wouldn't hurt, right? And then he can just slip away when no one is looking.

Holy shit, this cake is really fucking good. Minho's eyes widened at the first bite and he let the savoury sweet taste melt in his mouth, noting to himself to thank Felix's sister later.

When everybody else left to go eat in the living room, Minho stayed behind and washed his own plate (because he's a responsible boy). After he dried his hands, he stood in the middle of the kitchen and listened in on the conversation that was taking place in the living room.

"So Felix! Do you know who your soulmate is?"

"No, not yet. They've been feeling really nervous though! I think they're at my party."

Yeah, its Seo Changbin. Minho thought. 

I should leave now. It's still raining outside, and I need to hurry before it turns into a thunderstorm.

Minho crept to the door and slid on his shoes. As quietly as possible, he started leaiving and managed to get out of the house without anyone noticing.

Or so he thought.

"Minho hyung!"

He froze.

Jisung?

He calmed his nerves and turned around, plastering a fake smile on his face. "...hi."

Han Jisung stood just a few feet away from him, his dark hair wet from the rain. His eyes were wide and frantic, and his face was flushed red.

Silence.

"I...need to go." Minho said, taking a step back.

"No! No, please wait! I-I need to talk to you!" Jisung yelled. He seemed frustrated.

"What would you possibly want to tell me?" Minho asked, his voice a bit colder than he expected.

Are you here just to pity me? Just to tell me that you hate me?

"Um..." Jisung clenched his fists and took a deep breath. "I'll make it quick, I promise! Please just hear me out!"

Stop. Stop. Stop. I just want to go home. Please stop. I don't want to hear it.

"I don't hate you! But I don't love you either!"

I know. I know, I know, I know.

"At least, not yet!"

What? What? What? Yet? What do you mean?

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, hyung. I didn't know you were my soulmate. I was stupid, dumb, naive, and oblivious. I talked to you about my feelings for Felix without thinking about how you might be feeling. I didn't know you liked me. And...and when you told me the other day...I was shocked. I mean, who wouldn't be? Why do you like me? Why do you like me even after I treated you horribly?? I hate myself, not you. I hate myself so, so much. I want to fix myself before liking you. I don't want you to like this version of me. I'm going to try and be better, be more open, be more accepting. I'm going to fix myself. And then maybe -- maybe if I do get better....I can like you. Love you. Love you like you love me. And love myself."

Jisung said all of this in one breath.

"So please wait for me."

It took Minho a couple moments to process Jisung's words. He felt.....

He felt...

Huh.

Feelings.

What a strange concept.

Minho had spent his entire life figuring out his feelings. His feelings toward Jisung, his feelings toward his friends, his feelings toward himself.

Feelings.

He understood what Jisung meant and respected his decision. Of course, who would develop feelings overnight? He would need time.

And Minho would wait for him.

He would wait for as long Jisung needed, even if it took days, weeks, months, years.  

Jisung moved closer, and a strange tugging sensation crept up Minho's back. Soon, they were standing just an inch apart, the entire world blurry around them. The faint splitter splatter of rain was the only sound heard for a minute.

"I promise I'll get better, hyung." Jisung mumbled. "And to seal that promise..."

Minho opened his mouth, about to say something when Jisung leaned in and kissed him.

It wasn't a very long kiss. It only lasted a few seconds, but something about it seemed special. It was better than a simple pinkie promise - it now represented a special bond between them, a bond that would hopefully never break.

Minho couldn't help but smile, Jisung mirroring his actions.

He felt...

Happy.

Euphoric.

Content.

Joyful.

Pleased.

Real feelings. Not the fake ones he had been expressing all the time. These feelings were one hundred percent real and in the moment.

"I think you already know this," Minho said, "but I love you, Han Jisung."

And maybe one day, Jisung would utter the same words to him.

The End.

***

ITS FINALLY DONE! KIND OF

i can't believe i actually finished a book, i usually lose motivation and stop updating halfway

BUT I DID IT

YAYYYY

thank you so much for AiLin-png for making my cover and bisexual_boba for always reading and telling me to hurry up and update (bc i would have totally lost motivation without you lol)

and of course everybody else who's been reading this book! thank you, merci, arigato, gamsahabnida, etc etc

please stay to read the epilogue and extra chapters! im sure you guys want to know who the mysterious person at the start of most of the chapters was (unless you already know) and if changbin and felix got together

i love you guys, mwah mwah happy pride month ❤

bye!

- tiger