11

***

He needed to look perfect.

***

"Ugh, Jeongin, I told you, we're not buying bread for Jisung's birthday!"

"But...but..."

"No."

Jeongin sighed and placed the bread away, crestfallen.

Minho groaned. It was a mistake to bring the younger boy with him to buy Jisung's birthday present. He thought that it would be nice to have someone to help him make the decision, but all Jeongin wanted to buy was bread. Bread, bread, bread. So fucking annoying.

There was still a week until Jisung's birthday, but Minho didn't really want to face him at the moment. Judging by the sudden explosion of joy and giddiness from his soulmate, he assumed that Felix had seen the gifts given to him by Jisung.

Later that day, Minho got a text from Jisung saying:

sungie <3
hyUNG
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
he fyficking iasaw utg
ikalm sok happy 
he invited me to hi sj birtydhay parytyh
and isk invitedgh him to m yjh birtdhay pastdy
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
but someone else had also gotten Felix gifts
im kinda jealous
but no worries!
I'll make sure to win over his heart!
can you please go with me later to buy Felix's gift?

you
yoooo thats nice
im sure you're better than whoever else gave Felix the gift
and sorry, 
but im busy after school

Yeah...that was a lie. He wasn't actually busy. He was, in fact, very not busy. But he didn't want to see Jisung, because he was afraid that he might slip that Changbin liked Felix as well, and Felix might like Changbin back. AswellasthefactthathewassmittentoJisungandhewasscaredofshowinghisfeelingsbutthatsadifferentstory.

So, naturally, he called up Jeongin (because Chan was not available, something about meeting up with some guy named Hoseok but Minho was sure he just didn't want to come and was making up an excuse), and they went to the mall to buy Jisung's birthday present.

"I think he would like bread though..." Jeongin glanced longingly at the rows of bread, literal stars in his eyes.

"No, I think he'll want a speaker." Minho looked at the price of the said item and blanched. "Shit. I can't afford that."

"How ab--"

"No bread."

Jeongin shook his head. "No, not bread - how about a big notebook with those fancy pens? So that he could have more space to write his songs."

Minho stared at him. "That's actually a good idea."

"Hehe, I'm just that smart." Jeongin pounded his chest in pride. "I think I saw some notebooks in the store next to this one. Let's go!!"

The dark-haired boy raced off, Minho walking more normally behind him. When they started to enter the store, Jeongin abruptly stopped and stood still.

"Hm??" Minho frowned.

"Uhhhh...haha, I think this is the wrong store..." Jeongin sweatdropped, and began pushing the older boy out. "L-let's go check out other ones..."

What the... Minho thought, finding Jeongin's sudden mood change weird. But he shrugged it off - he was probably just going through puberty.

"Ehhhhh? Minho hyung?"

They both froze at Jisung's voice.

"Sungie...!" Minho whirled around. "What are you doing here?"

Jisung shrugged. "Buying stuff? What about you? I thought you said you were busy? Oh, hi, Innie."

"Hi hyung!" Jeongin peeped.

"I was buying your birthday present." Minho decided to say the truth, smiling.

"Oh!!" Jisung averted his eyes. "I guess I shouldn't see then! I was here with--

"Sungieeeee!" Lee Felix ran over, his hair flapping in front of his freckled face. "I got you your boba!"

Felix...? Oh. Minho's smile dropped. I see. They were....

And he even called Jisung 'Sungie'....

Maybe if I had just agreed to buy presents with Jisung, they wouldn't be on this 'date'....

A faint blush appeared on Jisung's cheeks as he accepted the drink Felix handed him. "Th-thanks."

"You're Minho, right?" Felix got right up to Minho's face, grinning from ear to ear. "Nice to meet you! I'm Felix!"

"I know." Minho controlled his emotions, trying not to glare at the energetic Australian.

"I heard you're good friends with Sungie. I'm guessing you're here to buy his birthday present??"

"Yes."

"Ooh, you can come to my birthday party too! It's next week, the 15th, after school. I would love to have you there!"

Minho hesitated, tempted to say no, but blurted out "Sure."

Jeongin looked back and forth from the two boys, a doubtful look on his face.

"Wow! We can go together, hyung!" Jisung linked arms with Minho, making the latter smile again. Seeing how Minho's mood lifted, Felix cocked his head at the two, and a smile of his own grew on his face, like he knew something.

Jeongin felt miserably left out and tugged at Felix's flannel. They were friends as well - well, who wasn't friends with Jeongin (the baby of the school) and Felix (the sunshine of the school)? 

"Hyung, I get to come too, right?" pouted Jeongin, using his infamous 'puppy dog eyes'.

"Course, Innie." Felix ruffled his hair, then turned back to the others. "It was nice meeting you two! But I booked two tickets for the new Demonslayer Movie and we need to run if we want to watch it."

"Right! See you later, Innie, hyung!" Jisung untangled his arms with Minho and ran off with Felix in the direction of the movie theater. The remaining boys were left in silence, until Minho let out a huge sigh and walked into the store they were standing in front of.

"Come on, Jeongin. Let's get this over with."

Jeongin bit his lip and followed. "Ok, hyung."

***

dont-make-minho-groan-in-annoyance-in-every-single-chapter-challenge, GO!

(already failed)

anw

demonslayer: mugen train broke my heart

but as a manga reader, there are more things that broke my heart from that anime

*cough* shin-- *cough* mit-- *cough* igur-- *cough* muic-- *cough* himeji-- *cough* geny--

ok bye