6

*insert lenny face here*

so how are you guys today?

did you guys eat? did you sleep? how was school????

*totally not trying to distract you from the upcoming chapters*

*cough* enjoy these normal chapters while it lasts

(also that picture is the sole reason i am motivated to write this)

***

He felt euphoric.

***

"It's so loud..."

"Ehh? Really? Do you want to go somewhere else?" Jisung furrowed his eyebrows in concern, turning around to face the older male.

"No, it's fine. I'll be fine," Minho forced a smile through his pounding headache from the music blasting over the speakers. "So, what do you want to do first?"

Jisung had brought Minho to the same arcade Felix had brought him a few days ago. There weren't many people around, but with the music and game noises combined it sounded like there was a party going on.

"Ooh, you should try the punching bag." Jisung led him over to the strength machine and pointed at his name, J-One, in third place. "Look, when I came here with Felix, I got up to third place!"

Minho narrowed his eyes. Ah, so this was the arcade Felix and Jisung had their little 'date' at. He saw Felix's name in second place and felt some sort of anger wash over him.

No. Keep your feelings in check, he scolded himself.

"Sure, I'll try." He stepped forward and clenched his fist, connecting it with the rough leather. A loud SLAM resonated throughout the whole building.

"W-wow." Jisung blinked, watching the numbers in the machine rapidly go up until it reached the very top. Now Minho's name - Lee Know - was shining in gold in the first place slot.

"Damn," Minho whistled, impressed by his own strength. "How's that for Lee Know, eh?"

"When did you get so strong??? Have you been working out without telling me? Do you have ABS?" Jisung said the last part so loudly that the person working at the ticket counter raised a concerned eyebrow.

"I've always had abs, now, what should we do next?" Minho said nonchalantly, smirking. "Let's go play that dance game over there."

"No, wait--hyung! You know that you're going to win!" Jisung complained but obliged anyway.

*** 

At 7pm, the two boys exited the arcade, their arms filled with all sorts of bags and accessories that they had bought.

"You sure earned a lot of tickets through that dance machine, hyung." Jisung commented, nodding to the huge squirrel stuffy that Minho was holding. "Can't believe that you actually got that prize."

"I am pretty skilled." Minho huffed proudly. "So, where do you want to go now?"

"I think it's too late to do anything fancy, so how about we go to the swings at the nearby park?" Jisung suggested. "Also, my arms are tired from holding these bags all day."

"Sure."

They set off, walking down the sidewalk. The sky was turning into a brilliant shade of orange and yellow, with a few wispy clouds of light grey. There were very few people that were outside, most of them just taking a casual stroll or coming back from work. The temperature had gone up from earlier, so both the boys weren't as cold as they had been before.

When they arrived at the park, they were the only ones there. They set down their stuff and took a seat on the swings next to each other, rocking it lightly.

"Today was so fun, hyung!" Jisung said, his fluffy hair illuminated by the setting sun. "I know we hang out a lot, being besties, but I really enjoyed today."

Minho's heart clenched at 'besties', but replied, "Yeah, so did I. Thank you for buying me all this stuff today. I appreciate it."

"'Course! Anything for you, hyung!"

Oh, Sungie. You know it won't be 'anything'.

"You know, I was thinking..." Jisung looked edgy, then blurted out, "I was thinking of asking Felix out."

Minho's whole world stopped. Of course, he knew at one point, Jisung would take his crush one step further and attempt to ask Felix out. He knew he shouldn't feel anything other than happiness for Jisung, but he couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. However, the disappointment was overpowered by a strong coat of nervousness. Not his nervousness. His soulmate's.

Jisung is not my soulmate. He can't be my soulmate. Minho squeezed his eyes shut, trying to fight down the urge to tell Jisung to love him instead.

"I think that's a great idea."

Jisung's eyes lit up. "Really? When should I do it? Do you think I should do it after my birthday? My birthday is only a day before Felix's, so by then I'll know who my soulmate is--hyung?"

Minho had shot to his feet, a look of distraught shadowing his face. "I-I...I need to go...thanks for today, Sungie..."

He gathered up his belongings and ran off.

"Hyung?! Hyung!" Jisung stood up as well, but he couldn't move. Why did Minho run off like that? Did he say something wrong?

"Ah...he left his prize...." he stared at the squirrel stuffy that lay on the ground, abandoned by its owner.

you
hyung?
idk why you ran off like that :(
did i say something wrong? im sorry...
i hope you forgive me!
i meant what i said earlier. i really enjoyed today. 
i hope you weren't lying when you said you enjoyed today too 😶
you left your squirrel stuffy here
should i bring it to you??
read, 7:07pm

minho hyung 🐱
dont worry you didnt do anything
i just suddenly felt really sick and tired
its not your fault.
and you can keep the squirrel stuffy.
i was planning to give it to you anyway
good night, jisung.

you
ah really? thanks!
goodnight, hyung!
😘 sweet dreams!
wait you didnt call me sungie|
read, 7:07pm