Part 6 : Preparations

" Young master, you are injured and we are running out of time, our purpose here is fulfilled we should head back before sunset. " Archer was trying to persuade Karna to back off as after Aswathama was in no position to fight, Karna was approaching Bhishma to settle his score.

" If i would have been in your place, I would have paid heed to that man's words, you have caused enough destruction for today and besides if you would fight me in this rugged state, you would end up losing. And I don't wish to defeat a foe when he is not in his best shape. So go home for now, Karna, was it ? Soon night will fall. It is getting late now. "

" True, it has got late and ..... I need to make it.... H o..me. "

-----------------------------------------------------------

" You seem to be back. "

" Is that ... You father ? "

" Yes, I am "

" I-I never thought I would see you again ! " After an unsettling silence Adhirath spoke to his son.

" Don't get so happy over a dream, I am nothing but an illusion but ........ Your father has waited long enough for you and your brother has and one, who has been waiting for the longest is Radha. You have just took another step towards your goal, but the destination is still too far away. How will you possibly achieve it, if you will keep on sleeping like this. Get up you have taken enough rest. "

Karna opened his eyes and all he was able to see was darkness and as he got on his feet and walked towards the bleak light and came out of the cave in which he probably spent his night.

" Why do weird dreams keep on chasing me "Karna as he looked down on the forest from the hill.

" You seem to be fine. "

Karna turned his head in Archer's direction who was sitting beside the cave admiring the rising sun.

" Yeah, somewhat "

" We are in the forest of Kapikush, after you were hit by that terrific weapon and after going on rampage, you lost consciousness and we all departed from Hastinapur. "

" Explain the events in more detail, after i collapsed what happened ? "

" To be honest nothing much, that Bhishma told us to take you away and that he will meet us all on battlefield etc... The Royal guest who were present were quite delighted after you collapsed, may be some of them even considered you dead. The common folk also looked a bit reliefed, looks like you ended up terrifying them. "

" It is understable, destruction and blood is not attractive to anyone. Anything else ? "

" Yep, Lancer and Assassin ended up killing a Bunch of princes and kings. You know, they were trying to murder you when you were unconscious.... So both of them ended up killing them. "

" Hmm...  Who were they ? "

" Most probably some rich, bratty, spoiled, fancy pieces of trash. No one seemed to be much bothered about their deaths. So I don't think so much attention is needed to them. "

" Anything suspicious or wierd. "