Part 5 : Two Generations collide

Karna chose his Spear to Fight with his Grandfather

Karna chose his Spear to Fight with his Grandfather. "Well that weapon emits an aura of its own, like it is a living being in itself."

"You seem to have a keen eye for weapons Bhishma, your hunch is right it is a Celestial spear. ' Vasavi Shakti '."

"That is Indra's Spear if my memory is intact."

"Indeed, it once belonged to him, the infalliable spear of death, even capable of killing those self centered diabolical Gods."

"So why do you possess it, did you stole it, cheeky bastard ?"

" 'Stole', No that is something in which you are the greatest. I just decimated Indra in a duel, but that story is for someother day, fact of the matter is I took it from him after defeating him, One on One, fair and square. So will i do with you."

Bhishma leapt towards Karna with his sword and as soon as both of their weapons collided within a few second
Both traded blows with each other deflecting each other's attack in an unbelievably swift motion, None of the spectator was able to believe the speed of the both the warriors.

None of the warrior was able to land a scratch on the other. The Kings like Rukmi, Shishupal and even Jarasandha wasn't able to follow thier movements. All the attacks were too blurry to be seen. Bhishma was a warrior by book so most of his attacks, swings, slashes were all predictable, but the reason he was formidable was that his movements were refined and his skills were honed and polished to the point that even the most basic of his attacks were a spectacle to behold.

Karna on the other hand was just too unpredictable, his movements were as slithering as a snake and the control that he held on that Celestial Spear made of Gold was otherworldy. Both Karna and his spear complimented each other really well.

Yudhishthir, a spear weilding warrior was dumbstruck by seeing that a spear can be used this well. He realized that Surely there was still a lot to learn and master.

"Well you are a tough one, Suta. Your strength is terrifying. Nah.. You are a monster."

"Oh please, we both are monsters, in our own ways, but yeah i am a somewhat bigger and more destructive monster !"

Both of their brawl had demolished The Newly built arena, it was now almost in ruins. Bhishma seemed a bit tired as beads of sweat formed on his forehead. He was trying hard to not pant. While Karna on the other side looked like all that high paced fighting meant nothing to him.

"Hey, you know, you can act a bit that you are exhausted don't make me look like a fool."

"Really was that even something that you consider a fight, for me it was not even worth calling a warm-up. You disappoint me Bhishma, give it your all, because may be you can control your death but not your pain. What if i slit open your stomach or if i behead you or if i burn you, your sword and your rotten little ego to a crisp."