Chapter 29

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑀𝐴𝑅𝐼𝑂𝑁𝐸𝑇𝑇𝐸
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Douma didn't tell you where he was going because he didn't have time to explain. He knew you would ask about it, but you would eventually come to know all about it once you're a kizuki.

The blue spider lily.

"Not here, huh?" Douma said, wiping the side of his lips before the blood dried.

Even though the devilish smile is hidden behind his fan, Douma's eyes held the same devilish glint as he stared at the trembling man in the corner of the room. Douma enjoyed seeing humans tremble in fear, it used to be the expression he enjoyed the most. But your expression full of pleasure is what he enjoys seeing the most now.

Douma continued to walk towards the man who had nowhere to go now with his back against the wall. His eyes started to water as fear is the only thing that kept his mind from reminding himself that he's still alive.

"Now, where were we?" Douma asked, folding his fan. "Ah, right. The blue spider lily. Where is it?"

"I—I don't know..." the man said, his voice trembling along with his body. "That flower... doesn't exist..."

"But you made paintings of it, didn't you? How odd," Douma said, his eyes wide in feign curiosity as he tilted his head to the side.

Douma took a painting on the floor, one of the many others that were scattered around. He looked at it before his eyes traveled to the spider lilies on the side, painted not in crimson red but in blue moonlight.

"How come you included blue spider lilies in your paintings and yet you're saying the flower doesn't exist. It doesn't add up." Douma looked at the man again. "Where in the world did you get the brilliant idea to paint the spider lilies blue then?"

"The blue spider lilies... don't exist in real life," the man said, gulping down. "It only exists in myths."

"Myths, huh?" Douma muttered, letting the painting slide down from his hand. "Just yesterday you also thought that demons didn't exist. But here I am now. There are a lot of things in this world that exist unbeknownst to humans, that's why your ephemeral life is pitiable."

Because humans have limited time, they could not unravel the countless mysteries in this world. They cope with their limited time by making up stories and myths to pass down the things that they thought don't exist in this world yet they hold on to the possibility that it might actually exist, hence the stories pass down to generation.

"But oh well, if you really don't know then I guess it can't be helped," Douma said, walking towards the man who for a moment in time thought that his life would be spared because Douma doesn't have anything to do with him.

That's what predators do after all. They abandon prey that couldn't provide them with anything.

But when Douma crouched down, the devilish smile was back on his face. He may not have been a beautiful young woman for Douma to consume, but there's something about the life leaving a man's eyes that Douma enjoys seeing.

So with that, Douma made the man hold the knife in his hand before he held his hand and made him stab himself in the neck before pulling the knife out so the blood gushed down before the man's eyes started to lose its gleam. As blood continued to flow like a fountain, the man's body went into a spasm before his head lolled to the side, still holding the knife in his hand.