Chapter 27

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
╔═.★.══════════╗
𝑀𝐴𝑅𝐼𝑂𝑁𝐸𝑇𝑇𝐸
╚══════════.☆.═╝
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Douma doesn't know what to feel, not that he's capable of feeling anything. The mere thought of him pondering about what to feel when you told him that you wanted to be part of the twelve kizuki, Douma realized something.

"Your desire for certain things has grown much greater now, Y/n-chan."

"And you always give me my desires, Douma."

As a marionette, your desires were simply material things. When you find a beautiful hairpin, you would desire it and Douma would give it to you. He had no qualms about who it belonged to, he will take all the material things that you desire and make them yours.

But now you desire something greater, something that Douma cannot simply just give you, unless he oversteps a boundary that will surely anger that man.

"Y/n-chan, it pains me to say this but..." Douma trailed off as he turned to you. He has such a crestfallen expression that you knew was feigned from the get-go. "But you cannot become a kizuki just because you wanted to become one."

His tone is condescending compared to his worried expression. You don't like it. And Douma can see that expression perfectly showcasing on your pretty face. He was like telling a child that she cannot have something just because she wants it, when that child was raised by the very man who gave her everything she wanted. And now he's denying you your desire.

"I'm not denying you your desire to become a kizuki, don't get me wrong," he said before you could continue your thoughts along with your hardening glare. "I am simply saying that there are certain ways that you must follow for you to become a kizuki."

"Like what?"

You flinched when you felt him tap the tip of your nose and scrunch the bridge of your nose instinctively.

"I told you, once you learn how to wield a Blood Demon Art, I'll tell you how exactly you can become a kizuki."

"Tell me," you pressed. You're starting to lose your patience around Douma now but he looks like he's quite enjoying your annoyed expression.

He leaned closer to you and when you thought he was going to close the gap between you two, you watched him leaned closer to your ear instead.

"To become a kizuki, you have to defeat one," he whispered. "In a blood battle where the demon who loses will be consumed by the demon who wins. That's how you become a kizuki."

"So... I have to..." you muttered as if in a trance. "...defeat a kizuki."

Douma nodded his head before he heard the next thing you said.

"You're a kizuki right, Douma?"

There was a certain stillness that surrounded your bedchamber when you asked that question. Then a few seconds later Douma moved back to look at you. His ethereal eyes that showed his standing among the twelve kizuki. Upper Moon Six.

"Y/n-chan, don't even think about challenging me."

Suddenly the playful persona that Douma had earlier vanished and you can feel the murderous intent seeping through his very being as you unconsciously moved back.