"So you're headed back to the hotel?" Nino's voice sounded much more cheerful.

"I planned to."

"You really ought be coming out and joining me at the bar." Nino offered. "A drink would probably help."

"I don't know, Nino." Adrien shut his eyes, sinking back against the leather seats. "It's been another long day."

"Come on. There's food, live music... A drink with your name on it." Nino offered, waiting for the last thing to reel him in. "And also, your date from the other night is here."

"You're serious?"

Nino chuckled. "It was a lot easier to dig up details about her on the company website. Not to mention old fencing competitions and an impressive array of artwork."

"Fencing?" Adrien sat up at that. "Really?"

"Yep!" Nino confirmed. "I've got a seat at the bar with your name on it."

"I owe you one!" Adrien grinned, tapping at the window.

"I'll just be happy if you can drag a healer class into MetaStrike combo battles."

Adrien chuckled. "Then text me the address and let's hope this goes well."

As they neared the restaurant district, Adrien spotted a jewelry shop. "Could you pull over for a moment?"

The Gorilla scowled but silently complied.

Ten minutes later, Adrien was stuck in a line outside for a bit because he didn't want to be recognized.

At least, with only ten people or so ahead of him, it wouldn't take too long to go in.

It was shocking for him to recognize a familiar haircut on a girl who was cuddled up against the guitarist. At least he had to be, considering he was hauling an old guitar case.

Averting his gaze carefully after the two started to kiss, Adrien shut his eyes.

"Good night, Kagami."

That was her, wasn't it?

"I wish you could come with me."

She looked wistful as he helped her into the driverless car.

He still had dozens of questions for her, but it wasn't fair to her to ruin her night, too.

Besides, now he really couldn't.

"You alright dude?" Nino half hugged Adrien as he sat down beside him at the bar.

"I've been better."

Nino frowned. "You were coming here to feel better. Did you hear from your father or something?"

"I'm pretty sure I watched our friend that I hoped to catch up with leaving with someone else."

"You didn't stop her?"

Adrien blushed. "She was a little...occupied."

Nino was busy gaping at the girl who just left the bar with what was probably water.

"Do you see someone familiar?"

"Old classmates." Nino blinked, as he adjusted his hat. "I'm pretty sure they won't recognize me."

"Because of the mustache?" Adrien smirked. He thought it was just an avatar quirk, but no, Nino had grown it all out.

Nino grinned. "What can I say? It's an occupational hazard. People treat me more seriously with it."

"Are you sure?"

"You're a little bit of a mean drunk." Nino pouted.

"It beats being sad at the moment," Adrien sighed, leaning back in his seat as the rush of warmth started to flood his head. "I just keep thinking... What if Nathalie wasn't herself before she got injured?"

Nino shrugged, lifting his glass to his lips. "Then you text your father."

"Ms. Sancoeur is sick?"

Adrien's glass slid through his liquor-addled fingers, clattering to the ground with a noisy thud.

The girl's jaw had dropped. Nino's had as well. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng?" he muttered incredulously. "What are you doing here?"

She shrugged innocently. "Alya and I were watching the show."

The mildly annoyed bartender nodded to one of the waiters to grab a broom.

Adrien's lips pressed into a thin line, squinting slightly in the dimly lit bar until he finally recognized her face and clothes as one of the girls from Sylvie's group. "Nathalie was injured."

"Adrien..." Nino warned.

He shrugged. "She's an employee. They'll end up finding out soon enough."

"At least keep it quiet from anyone else who might be listening for now." Quickly, Nino ushered them both back to a vacant table in the corner. "Sit here. I'll be right back."

With one last anxious look back at them both, Nino dropped back to the bar and grabbed his glass before walking over to chat with Marinette's friend.

"Ms. Dupain Cheng, was it?" Adrien was still a little uneven on his feet. Of course, he hadn't expected to be hauled out of his seat at the bar until everything felt a little more normal.

"Yes, Mr. Agreste." Marinette smiled, one arm out to steady him. "Are you alright? No glass shards?"

Adrien shook his head. He dropped his drink when she asked about Nathalie. "I think I'm alright."

"Good," she smiled sweetly. "Usually I am the clumsy one."

"I don't think I can imagine that," he muttered.

She snorted ruthlessly. "I'm sure the alcohol has something to do with that."

"Anyways," He glanced around before scooting his chair a little closer so he could at least whisper. Or try to. "She was injured in an automobile accident."

Her drink rattled as it clattered back to the table. "I just saw her... On Monday, I think?"

He exhaled, tracing circles in the knots of wood grain on the tabletop. "She was injured that afternoon."

She'd had the grace to cover her mouth, masking her shock. "There were sirens nearby... They had cleared by the time everyone left."