wallpaper

- context -

you're gonna have to read to find out!!! hehe >:3

the reader is gender neutral and uses they/them pronouns. i don't specify the reader's quirk in this oneshot, so you can make up your own. just don't make it too silly!! ^^

<3 follow/vote? :>

...

in class 2-a (they sometimes forget and think they're class 1-a still), bakugou katsuki is a student, a classmate, a friend, the gruff but (hopefully) kind-hearted and hardworking hero-in-training that won the sports festival in his first year at u.a. 

on the battlefield, he's ground zero, stopping at nothing to ensure that he wins against the "shit-eating villains" and protects the "goddamn extras". he is an overwhelming, intimidating, and yet ambitious character that stands out in the hero community.

but to y/n, he is simply theirs, as they are his.

...

y/n pries open the gigantic 1-A door and walks into the classroom, scanning the room for katsuki but instead spots izuku, completely immersed in the world of the pre-quirk generation as he buries his face in a history book.

y/n smiles as they walk past izuku and dump their backpack onto their chair, retrieving a slightly singed hardcover text from it. "hey, midoriya. have you seen katsuki this morning? he forgot his history textbook in my dorm, and i haven't been able to give it back to him yet. it's strange that he isn't here yet."

izuku frowns and looks up from his textbook, seemingly having been too focused on the chapter "life without quirks: harder but happier" to notice that his rival hadn't been exploding his surroundings (classmates, tables, chairs- the lights had to be replaced for the 10'th time this month just recently-) as he usually did. 

"huh, that's weird. kacchan usually comes to class before even aizawa-sensei or lida-kun does. i didn't see him doing his morning workout routine either when i went for a jog outside the dorms."

y/n smirks. "well, obviously he would get here before aizawa. have you seen that man ever come to class on time?"

izuku gives them a sheepish grin instead of responding- the silence saying all too much.

...

minutes of katsuki's absence has dragged into hours, and y/n is starting to worry. he hasn't responded to any of their texts, and has instead left them on read.

"bakugou katsuki, you rude bastard," y/n thought as they shoved their phone into their backpack at aizawa's infamous hair-floating, quirk-induced, red-eyed glare. 

"l/n." aizawa's eyes and hair return back to normal, but the scowl remains on his expression. "this is the third time you have interrupted my lesson. i wouldn't normally confiscate students' personal items, but i'll have to make an exception if this continues."