Chapter 4

Aquatic kiss

🔅⚜️♾♾♾♾♾⚜️🔅

Shanks

      I crash against the mast once again in the dark night, no one is present on the deck, we left Baggy behind snoring too loudly when we went to train

I crash against the mast once again in the dark night, no one is present on the deck, we left Baggy behind snoring too loudly when we went to train. It's been almost a month since we started training together, and I'm starting to slightly dislike her a little less! She's not gentle with me, and I have numerous bruises on my body.
How does she do it?! How can she be so strong? I'm tired of getting beaten up!
- Get up! Unless you want me to throw you into the sea!
I struggle to get up and assume my stance. She explained to me that my stance was really bad! She showed me the position to adopt based on the number of enemies or things like that.
- You annoy me! Even Rayleigh is nicer!
I rush at her to strike her with my sword, but she dodges to the left and hits me in the stomach with the wooden sword provided by the captain to prevent her from killing me.
Once again, I find myself on the ground. Damn it! She annoys me!!!!
- Hey, Mugiwara, you know, there are few people who actually succeed in life. Most succeed in appearance. I'm telling you this because I know plenty of them.
I get up, holding my stomach. Damn, she really got me this time! I'm out of breath... Besides, I don't understand what she's talking about! When you succeed in appearance, you succeed, right?
- I don't understand what you mean. When people seem to have succeeded, it means they have.
She tilts her head as if I had completely confused her. She hits her head with her hand before placing both hands on her hips.
- It's me who doesn't understand! I'm just telling you that it's not easy to truly succeed in life. You always have to aim as high as possible to achieve even half. Don't pay attention to people's looks, always listen to what your heart tells you.
I sit on the ground cross-legged, and she sits in front of me, placing her "weapon" in front of her.
- I don't understand half of it. I already know that you have to aim high! I'm a pirate!
I have a big smile on my face, showing my confidence. She sighs before hitting my head, and I scream as a bump forms on my head.
- That's not what I mean, you idiot! I mean that at some point, you'll have to fend for yourself.
I look at her intently, scrutinizing her barely illuminated face. She has changed slightly since we started training together every day. She has become less cold and less mean.
At the beginning of the training, it was torture! And she was very sadistic! But over time, she became kinder, smiled more, and became a little gentler. But right now, I can feel how sad she is. Her eyes have a deeply sad glow. It's unsettling... to see her like this, I don't know why, but it pinches my... I'm so used to seeing her strong that her sad reflection shakes me.
- Kuroi, what were you doing before arriving on the island where we found you?
I see her flinch at my question, even though she was already fully focused on me. She is on the defensive.
- Why do you care, straw hat idiot!
I grit my teeth and punch her in the face. In return, she clenches her fists and kicks me in the stomach, sending me back several meters. I draw my weapon and charge at her, but she grabs a piece of wood and blocks my attack. It ensues a fierce fight in which I get beaten up, for the third time today.
I lie on the ground completely exhausted from the fight. She sits next to me on the ground, and I notice that she's slightly out of breath. I feel proud of myself.
- I was at Marineford.
I quickly sit up, turning my face towards her. She answered my question! I thought she would ignore me completely, but she didn't. Wait, Marineford? That's the former headquarters of the Marines!
- But what were you doing at the Marine headquarters?!
Her face turns pale, and she covers her lips with both hands, a look of panic on her face.
- Will you just shut your big mouth? Do you think I shout it from the rooftops?!"
Criticizing me, but she's the one shouting the loudest. Slowly, she removes her hands from my mouth, placing her index finger on her lips. She sits back down next to me.
- Well, why were you at Marineford?
She tilts her head to the side, looking at her hands with an anxious expression.
- You must know that I am Garp's daughter, so I was 'raised' there. In a nutshell.
She says with a voice that sounds almost extinguished, as if she were ashamed. I don't really know what to do. I hate her, but at the same time, I don't like seeing her like this. I prefer it when she smiles, or even when she teases me.
- But I see your father all the time! He's chasing after the captain.
She clenches her fists and looks up at me. My heart tightens at the sight of her. Her eyes are filled with tears, her lips are pursed, and her hands are trembling. Her cheeks and the tip of her nose are slightly red.
- He abandoned us! My brother and me! He chose to sail the seas in search of a pirate instead of taking care of his children! Instead, he left me with a perverted, violent, abusive, and sadistic soldier!
She shouts loudly this time. I wonder if she woke up Rayleigh or someone else with her outburst. Tears flow down her flushed cheeks. It seems like she suffered a lot because of her father. I'll say it again, I hate her! But it really seems like her time there broke something inside her.
My body tightens as I see tears fill her face. Without my consent, my body reacts, and I embrace her. She seems surprised by my gesture, tensing up initially, but then her arms wrap around my back, returning my hug. I didn't do it because I wanted to! My body moved on its own! I hate her, and I don't care if she cries! She's a monster who doesn't deserve to be on this ship! But right now, I don't want to let her go. It's not worthy of a pirate to not comfort a crying woman, and I am a man.
- I hate you.
A smile appears on my face. At least we agree on that.
- I hate you too.
She smiles, wiping her tears on my clean shirt. I'm going to kill her! I lightly hit her head, not intending to hurt her. I don't want her to get angry and punch me.
Don't wipe it off, you've got snot on my shirt!She looks up at me with a sadistic smile, grabs my sleeve in her hand, and blows her nose into it as if it were a tissue. I pull on my sleeve and scream, thinking how disgusting it is.I'm going to kill you!She stands up, doing a backflip and landing on her feet, her weapon in hand.
      - Come closer if you dare, Mugiwara.