Prologue

An almost deserted island with two towering mountains.
A man with black hair and a woman with hair of the same color face each other, their respective weapons colliding.
Yoru for the man.
Kuroyuki for the woman.
Do you know that a sword strike can slice through a mountain?
The clash between the two strongest swordsmen in the world can sink an island.
And that's what's happening now.
Monkey D. Kuroi and Mihawk Dracule.
They are currently facing off on an almost deserted island.
Kuroi initiated the fight; she needed to let off steam after being hurt and angered by a certain red-haired man.
- Ittoryu, Celestial Tornadoes!
Her voice reveals deep pain and sadness. She feels betrayed and deeply wounded by the actions of Akagami no Shanks.
Mihawk counters her attack with his loyal Yoru, and the shockwave of their clash cuts through the ground, reaching the very foundations of the island.
- I sense your hatred in your attacks!
His voice shows compassion for the woman. He knows she needs to vent, but he doesn't want to harm her.
She charges at him with incredible speed, her Haki-infused strikes causing her blade to darken.
Mihawk does the same, delivering a powerful blow with his sword that, by unfortunate chance, cuts through her eye and the surrounding skin, causing her blood to flow and her to cry out in pain. Her eye has been struck by the swordsman's blade. He instantly regrets his action, but the fight continues until both friends fall from exhaustion. They have no more strength, another stalemate.
- Are... Are you okay ? Your... Your eye ?
The woman sits cross-legged, letting her long black hair fly in the wind as blood trickles down her face. A fresh gash on her right eye sits prominently in the middle of her face. Who knows?
- I... I could be better...
The island won't sink immediately; they have a few days before it's completely engulfed by the sea.
A hand rests on her shoulder, causing her to look up with her remaining eye, meeting Mihawk's two yellow eyes.
- Do you feel better now?
He knows very well why she was consumed by this black rage. He also knows that she may lose her eye.
- I'm not angry...
He looks at her, raising an eyebrow.
A poor liar.
She turns to him as he pulls out fresh bandages from his pocket. He places his hand on her cheek and slowly begins to apply the bandages to her face.
- You're such a terrible liar.
She lowers her head, not really helping Mihawk in treating her wound.
- It hasn't even been a week since I left...
He gently forces her to raise her head, his yellow irises plunging into hers.
He knows very little about his friend's life. They have known each other for over 20 years, but she rarely speaks of her past. Yet, her past interests him greatly. He knows that everything hasn't always been easy for her, and he doesn't want to hurt her. He cares deeply for her, but today, she needs to tell him so that he can understand her relationship with the red-haired emperor.
- Won't you tell me the whole story? While I treat you? I've been wondering for a long time what happened in your life before I met you, and even after you went your own way.
She hesitates, despite the many years she has spent with the swordsman; she had never spoken to him about her life before Gol D. Roger's execution. He knows she was on Roger's ship with Shanks. Mihawk is acquainted with Shanks; they fought each other extensively when they were younger, but since the red-haired man lost his left arm, they have kept their distance while remaining close friends. She takes a deep breath as Mihawk wipes away the blood still flowing from her closed eye.
- Alright... I will tell you everything.

⚜️🔅♾♾♾♾♾♾🔅⚜️

Hey! Here's the prologue! For now, it's just the lead-up to the flashback. I was thinking of not including a flashback because it's a bit cliché to have the present before the story, like in Boruto or something like that, but well, it amuses me, so I'll include it anyway.