Chapter 2

The fights

⚜️🔅♾♾♾♾♾♾🔅⚜️

Kuroi

What an idiot, a complete moron! How dare he speak to me like that?! He's unbearable!I storm out of the room, slamming the door behind me

I storm out of the room, slamming the door behind me. I walk up to the deck to join the others as the ship has already started to depart. I gaze at the island fading away in the distance, finally realizing that after all these years, I am free and far away from my father's influence.
       - Why aren't you with the others? Why are you all alone?
      I turn my head towards the man who looks at me with questioning eyes. I turn away, immersing myself in the landscape drifting further away.
      - They've already shown me around. I didn't need to stay with them.
      I keep my voice impassive to avoid revealing my anger towards the redhead. Rayleigh looks at me with suspicion before nodding.
      - I see. Are you sure that's all?
      His gaze shows that he doesn't believe me at all. I feel like if I tell him that I had an argument with the other two, it will backfire on them. They will hate me even more, considering I don't know how long I'll have to stay on this ship. It's probably a bad idea to make enemies right from the start.
      - Yes, that's all. Nothing happened. Why?
      I keep my eyes fixed on the horizon while I sense Rayleigh's scrutinizing gaze on me. He sighs before placing his arms on the railing next to me. He gazes thoughtfully at the horizon.
      - You're quite a troublesome kid. How long do you plan on staying with us?
      I turn my head towards him, slightly surprised by his words.
      - What do you mean? Don't you want me on the ship?
      It reminds me of what Shanks just told me, that nobody wants me on this ship, that I should have died in an alley... My head still hurts... I need to find my sword, it's the most important thing to do right now.
      - Even if we didn't start off on the right foot, I'm sure we can get along in the end. I don't want you to leave the ship, quite the opposite! If the captain decided to bring you here, it means he must have seen something in you. He wouldn't bring a kid here, even one on the brink of death, unless he found something remarkable in her.
      A slight smile appears on my face as the island gradually disappears on the horizon. I turn my head towards the first mate, who gives me a warm smile, his golden hair fluttering in the wind.
      I must have been mistaken about him. He's a nice guy, but the other two, I doubt I was wrong about them.
      - That's kind of you, thank you. And in reality, I don't know how long I'll stay on this ship... I'll decide until the next island. Maybe I'll get off there, I don't know, we'll see.
      He laughs heartily before giving me a friendly pat on the back with his hand twice the size of mine.
      - I hope you make the right decision. You seem like a good person, and your Haki is quite powerful, which is rare for someone your age.
      He noticed my Haki? He's stronger than I thought. It's true that he seemed powerful, but to notice my Haki even though I haven't used it, it's almost unsettling. Of course,
I obviously understood that this man is the captain's second-in-command, so it's obvious that he is strong. I let myself be lulled by the sound of the wind caressing my face until this pleasant little bubble is shattered when we hear the heavy footsteps of a man on the wooden floor of the ship. We hold our positions, keeping our eyes fixed on the horizon.
      - Well, well, you seem to get along well after all, despite your fiery start.
      He laughs heartily before putting his left arm around Rayleigh's shoulders and his right arm around mine.
      - Yeah, that's right, you're the one who brought her here, I don't really have a choice.
      - I didn't ask you, I remind you.
      - It's not like you wanted me to stay on that island, I can see that you're happy to leave.
      A chuckle escapes my lips as the other two laugh heartily. My gaze falls on the door to the upper deck, which opens, revealing the two boys I immediately recognized the moment I laid eyes on them. Their faces change when they see that I am in the company of Rayleigh and Roger.
      I'm sure they think I left to tell them that we had a fight, so they would get punished. That's not my style at all.
     - By the way, miss, you still haven't told me your name.
    He tilts his head to the side, resting on the railing between Rayleigh and me.
     - You really brought me here without knowing this essential information?
      They look at each other, realizing that they could have let aboard a potentially hostile person towards them. It's true, they didn't even ask me what my name is, they just welcomed me with open arms. When you think about it, it's rather cute, but it doesn't seem very pirate-like.
      - Don't look at me like that! It's not me who brought her here without even asking her name!
      I laugh slightly as I continue to watch them.
     - My name is Monkey D. Kuroi.
      They suddenly stop arguing and both wear shocked expressions. They look at each other intently, I hope they don't know my father...
      - Monkey D?
      - Uh, yeah.
      - Like Monkey D. Garp?
      Damn! They really know my father! I refuse to go back to my father! Even my brother left, so I refuse.
      - Ah, you... You know my father...
      They look at me rather kindly, I thought they would take me directly to the Marines without asking any more questions.
      - I guess you don't want me on this ship anymore...
      They look at me with a serious expression before bursting into laughter. Seriously, I'm their enemy's daughter, they should hate me and throw me overboard.
      - Hahaha, why would we kick you off the ship? I don't understand your logic.
      He also has a very contagious laugh, both of them are quite funny and pleasant compared to others.
      - Wahahaha, know that even though Garp is a Marine officer, he's a good friend! We laugh a lot after battles, he has never been able to beat me or stop me. We even allied ourselves once to fight a crew that was a bit too powerful.
      He knows my father, they're friends, which means he won't hand me over to the Marines or throw me overboard just because I'm his daughter!
     - You're not going to throw me overboard because I'm your enemy's daughter?
      He looks at me with a shocked expression before bursting into laughter. I think that was not their plan. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Shanks and Buggy approaching us with a panicked look.
      - Captain, don't believe a word she's saying! I'm sure she told you a bunch of lies; she's the one who provoked me!
      But what an idiot I am, I didn't say anything about our argument. He's going to screw himself over, the moron.
      - I'm a witness! She's the one who started provoking us! We didn't do anything!
      But they're really stupid, it's unbelievable.
     - And if I told her that... that I... that... that I wanted her to die, it was just because I was angry, and she's the one who hit me!
      I turn my head towards the other two who are looking at them sternly. They know very well that I didn't say anything to them, but they act as if I did to make the others confess even more.
      - She's the one who hit me, look at the mark on my cheek! Isn't that enough proof for you? I don't know what she told you, but I'm sure it's false!
      The two men continue to look at them sternly. It's quite funny, actually.
     - Oh, and remind me, what did I say again?
      The two of them look at me as I offer them a stick to beat me with.
     - You told me to go fuck myself!
     - And you told me I should die under a bridge and that the Oro Jackson is not a ship for me, that I should have never come aboard.
      They look surprised.
     - Shall I continue?
     - That's enough, I think you've said enough, and you've done enough, both of you.
      They turn to the other two and grab them by the collar. I hadn't said anything.
     - Boys, you got yourselves into trouble all on your own, I didn't say a word about this story. I didn't plan on talking about it, but since you seem to insist.
     The two of them look at me with a horrified expression on their faces.
     - You... You didn't say anything?! But I thought... since you were with the captain...
      - We were talking about completely normal things, we didn't even bring up the subject of the two of you.
      What a bunch of idiots. They really screwed up all on their own, it's cute. Roger sighs, putting his hands in his pockets.
      - Sorry, Kuroi, for this little unexpected situation...
      I laugh as I look at the horizon again. There's more excitement here than in the Marines. It feels good.
      - It's nothing, don't worry about it. It's amusing to finally see something a bit more lively!
      I laugh heartily as the two kids get punched by Rayleigh. A punch that sends them flying several meters.
      - Glad to see you're enjoying yourself a bit on my ship!
      Rayleigh turns to him, eyebrows furrowed. He approaches us and taps the top of his head, I have trouble understanding their relationship.
     - What do you mean "your" ship?! Remind me who's in charge of this ship?!
      Roger shrinks down, but still keeps a big smile.
     - Well, I meant the ship of our crew!
     He turns his head towards me with an innocent look.
      - Well covered, Roger.
      I laugh as Baggy and the Straw Hat guy look at me like a sideshow freak. It annoys me...
     - You're lucky!
      He lets go with a smile before Roger puts his arm around the blond's shoulders. I still don't understand their relationship.
      - Welcome aboard the Oro Jackson, it opens its arms wide for you!
       Their two smiles are very beautiful! They exude strength and confidence, those two. I like them.
      - Thank you. I'm going to search for my saber.
They seem surprised by my determination to find my beloved saber. I won't give up; they can keep running! I walk towards the interior of the ship, but a loud growl grabs the attention of the two pirates. They look at me and burst into laughter.
      - Are you hungry? Come on, it's mealtime!
     I blush like a tomato, it's true that I haven't eaten in a long time! And I'm starving. I timidly nod my head and smile at them. Roger grabs my wrist and pulls me towards the kitchen, where a sweet aroma of cooked food wafts out, along with the sounds of people having fun and talking. We enter the mess hall, and suddenly everyone stops talking to look at me. I feel extremely uncomfortable.
      - Isn't she a little young?
      - She doesn't look very strong.
      I completely ignore the crew member's comments as I lock eyes with the man I saw at the infirmary. He has a plate in front of him, and my uneasiness intensifies, instinctively causing me to lower my head. I don't know where to put myself! They seem to have their own routines, and I haven't acquainted myself with the other crew members, so I have no idea where to go.
      I watch the man with black glasses sit down with the clown and Mugiwara, presumably teasing and joking about their antics. Amusing. He looks up at me with a smile and gestures for me to join them. I hesitate for a second but ultimately walk towards them and sit next to him, giving only a quick glance to the other two.
      I barely sit down when a well-filled plate appears in front of me. I'm so hungry!! I grab a fork and start eating, completely ignoring the gaze of the others.
      - You seemed hungry, kid.
      He laughs heartily while eating himself. I manage to speak between bites.
      - It's been over a week since I last ate.
      They seem shocked by this "revelation."
      - Seriously! Well, well, you're full of surprises! I'm Scopper Gaban!
      - Okay, Mr. Glasses.
      He looks at me as if I've insulted all his ancestors.
What?! What did you call me, kid?
      He's on the defensive, which is amusing. I quickly finish my plate and casually run my hand through my black hair, moving it to the back, intentionally ending up in his face. The two in front of me burst into laughter as if nothing happened.
     - You better know how to run fast, kid!
      I extend my hand towards him with a smile on my face.
      - Monkey D. Kuroi.
      He smiles, completely forgetting my action.
      - Nice to meet you, Kuroi.
      I get up without wasting a second to find Kuroyuki. I have to find my saber; it's essential. I go down to the cabins, but the search is inconclusive. As I search the corridors, opening all the doors, a hand lands on my shoulder, making me jump violently.

Shanks.

      We finish eating with Buggy, who goes off to do his chores

      We finish eating with Buggy, who goes off to do his chores. But I'm going to keep an eye on the other girl; she didn't tell the Captain and Rayleigh about the argument. That's not a sign of good faith! I'm on guard with her, and seeing how she's searching the ship, I believe I'm right to be suspicious. A girl walking around with a sword bigger than herself on her back is suspicious! She stops in the middle of a corridor, and an unhealthy curiosity about her intentions arises within me. I'm sure I'll win! She seems so weak! I'm going to challenge her to a duel. I place my hand on her shoulder, making her jump before she turns around and reaches for her back where her sword is supposed to be. She clicks her tongue in her mouth, realizing it's not there, while I put my hands in my pockets, trying to look serious.
     - What are you doing rummaging through the ship like a thief?
      She sighs before looking me up and down.
     - I don't see how that's any of your business, Mugiwara. And I couldn't care less about your insinuations that I'm a thief.
      She shut me down gracefully and remained very calm. She annoys me! If I provoke her to a duel, I can beat her up without it seeming suspicious! It's the perfect plan!
     - Yeah, go ahead, be rude on top of that! I came to offer you something!
      I keep my hands in my pockets while her eyes avoid mine.
      - Offer me something? Do you have a brain under that straw hat?
      I clenched my fists and tightened the muscles in my arms... She's unbearable! I can't wait to punch her in the face, that...
     - I want to assess your strength!
     When she raises her head, her eyes meet mine, a shiver runs down my spine at the contact of her gaze. Her eyes are so deep black that they don't even reflect the little light present on the ship. I meet her gaze with a serious expression despite feeling completely swallowed by this profound darkness.
      - What do you mean, Mugiwara?
      She crosses her arms over her chest, staring at me.
      - Let's fight in a duel!"

⚜️🔅♾♾♾♾♾♾🔅⚜️

Here's the end of this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! I really enjoyed writing it! The next one will be out soon, so don't worry! See you later!