“Um… what?”

“Come!” He pulled her hands and pushed her into the guest room. He made her stand in front of the huge mirror on the wall. He stood behind her more closely so that she felt his breath on her shoulder and the back of her neck. She shivered at the contact but looked at him through the mirror. She looked at him in question.

“You are a very beautiful girl.”  He said that turned her cheeks crimson. She looked down, and her lips curved up in a smile.

“You have everything a little too much!” He said, and she raised her eyes at him. “You should know that not all men are nice. You are very sexy and attractive.”  He continued while his hands pulled her dupatta from her neck and slid it over her bosoms. Dammu was in shock! Her husband’s hands lazily dragged on her shoulders and bosoms while he fixed her dupatta. 

“Do you understand?” He asked her after hiding her treasures under her dupatta. She nodded her head in a trance. She still could not come out of this feeling. A ghostly feeling that she has never experienced! Her stomach made knots, and she felt like she needed to pee urgently. Her throat dried up, and she felt it hard to breathe. 

“Now go and get your new books! You are getting late for your tutorial class.” He dropped a bomb that brought her out of that trance he put her in. 

“Aiyayo!” She said it out loud and tried to act like fainting. 

“Don't you dare try it?” He warned her for which she looked at him with pitiful eyes. “Go and bring the books. Eat fast, and we have to go.” He said and walked out casually as if nothing had happened here in this room. 

‘Poachu, jolly ah veliya polam nu patha, tuition ku poga solraru. Sariyana imsai! Intha aalu kita irunthu epdi thappikrathu? (I'm done, I thought of going out with him in a jolly mood, but he wants me to go to tuition. He is a torturer. How would I escape from this man?)’ she thought to herself, but her feet walked to their room and brought those books down. She gulped down the breakfast in silence.

“Athai, talk to him.” She nudged her mother-in-law.

“Krishna, what is the need for her to go to tuition?”

“Amma, she is my wife. I know what is good for her. This is between husband and wife, and I don’t like you getting between us.” He stopped his mother. He is angry at her for everything she is making him do. Kowsalya, though hurt by her son’s words, trusts in him. She knew that her son would never be wrong and her daughter-in-law would make his life colorful and happy! 

Dammu dropped her head low and went with him with her heavy bag of books. He drove to the tutorial center that was two roads away from his home. He dropped her there after talking to the teacher. 

“You will get all the help you need. Concentrate on your studies.” He told her before leaving. 

Damayanthi felt like crying. She sat on the last bench but the teacher called her to the first desk. Scolding her husband in her mind, she walked to the first desk. Everyone was way ahead of her, and the teacher took special care of her. He started teaching her from the start, but all Dammu could think of was her husband’s hands on her. How dare he touch her like that and walk away as if he had done nothing wrong? Even now, she felt goosebumps erupt all over her body just thinking about what he did to her.

“Listen here!” The teacher raised his voice at her. She tried so hard to concentrate but no! All she could see was her husband and his strong biceps and chest. 

“Pch, I want to go home.”

“It's not even an hour yet, and you want to go home?” 

“Please, sir. This is not my fort. Let's make a deal.”