The Kiss!

Krishna knows his mom a little too well. If he is right, she must be ready with all the preparations for the first night. He can not deny her, but at the same time, he can not get on with everything she asks him to do. The only way he can escape her is by having company. He has asked Mithu to come home tonight. 

“Shall we go?” Mithran asked Krishn,  and they went home together in Krishna’s car. Mithu’s home is on the other end of Coimbator,  and Krishna’s home is on Racecourse. He would often come and stay in Krishna’s home,  and it is not a new thing.

“Krishna!”

“Mmm?”

“Amma will not be happy if she gets to know about your decision. Are you willing to hurt her?”

“Pch, I don't want to hurt her, Mithu. But at the same time, I can not do everything she says. I have a heart of my own filled with emotions and feelings. Also, you know I can not share my room with anyone else. You know my problem.”

“But those feelings and emotions expired long ago. They have no meaning, Krishna. Why won't you give this new life a chance? And also, talk to your wife about your problem. I am sure she will understand.”

“No way! She is so little and is not educated. And I am sure she is irrelevant to my problem.”

“So if she was big enough and well educated,  would you be ok to give it a try? How do you say she is irrelevant? She came with you trusting you for her life. She is your better half.”

“Mithu!”

“What? I am just trying to understand you and put some sense into you.”

“There is no love and marriage for me in this life anymore. It all ended with her. I am comfortable with my life as it is. I don't want to complicate it.”

“You are an idiot. I have nothing else to say.”

The car entered the gates, and they saw a call taxi waiting on the front porch. Krishna parked the car, and they both entered the house only to see Manickam and Durga talking with Kowsalya. There were some bags and things stacked near a wall. Manickam was trying to give some envelope to Kowsalya, and she was denying it.

“You can give this to your daughter,” Kowsalya said.

“But she is a little girl. She doesn't know how to save or spend. This is just for my satisfaction, madam. Please.” He said.

“What is happening?” Krishna came in with Mithu.

“Come in, Mithu. Long time. How are you?” Kowsalya asked him.

“I am fine, aunty. How are you?”

“I am fine too. He is Manickam, and she is his wife Durga. They are Damayanthi’s parents. I hope by now you know who Damayanthi is!” Kowsalya introduced them to Mithu.

“He is Mithran. My son’s friend, partner, and everything.” She introduced him to them.

“They want me to take this money!” Kowsalya told her son. Krishna became angry and looked at them, and they surrendered.

“Just for my satisfaction. I don't know what to buy her. So I brought this money.”

“Do one thing, put this money in a bank in a fixed deposit. When she wants it, she can use it.” Krishna told him as he understood the plight of a father. Manickam nodded his head in contentment. 

“We will take our leave then.” He said, and Kowsalya asked them to stay for dinner. They refused, but Kowsalya was stubborn. All the while, Damayanthi was nowhere to be found. Mithran was so eager to see her.